Teenagers. Ughhh

Anonymous 5

Unread post

My 13 year old wants to go to the orthodontist once a month by herself. It is down the street from her school. She is perfectly capable of going herself and I let her. But I meet her there and usually go in while she is in the chair. I want to stay up to date on her treatment plan and need to pick her up anyway so we compromise.

Maybe you can be there and sign all the forms but let her go off on her own to do everything else. Then meet up after and go home. That way you can be available in case there is an issue but she can gain some independence and practice to do it on her own someday. If she handles it well it might make you more comfortable to let her do it on her own in the future.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How old is she? If she's a good kid, and you trust her, then why not let her do it? All of her friends are probably going by themselves. If this is the worst thing you have to deal with right now, you shouldn't be complaining.

Deleted User 1393

Unread post

What do you think she's going to do with $200?
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Our prep days are for students only. Nothing for me to sign really. There are some things she can buy which she can pay for on the spot or reserve and pay later. My youngest is a senior this year and she will tell me while she is there how much she needs and I will Venmo her the money and she pays herself. With my older two Venmo was not an option so I just sent them with what I thought would cover it.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Locked Previous topicNext topic