when does 'lack of appetite' become an eating disorder?

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I guess the title says it all...
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

this is a serious question.....
RedBottoms

Unread post

I need more details
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When the lack of appetite isn't being caused by a specific medical issue and the lack of appetite is leading to unhealthy eating habits.
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would guess when it is causing negative health issues but not caused by a specific medical reason and is chronic not just “I don’t feel like eating right now”
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:33 pm I need more details
on an average day I eat....maybe 1 carnation breakfast protein drink(if I have any in the house)....maybe a few bites of what I make the kids for supper.

for instance, some days all I will eat is a taco, its one of the few fast foods left that I can eat (gluten allergies)
usually I can at least scarf down 1 whole taco from Taco Bell - lately maybe I can eat about half a taco.

I do try to make myself eat I know I need to eat, and its not about body image (don't worry I do still cook for and feed my kids!)
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nerdymom wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:35 pm I would guess when it is causing negative health issues but not caused by a specific medical reason and is chronic not just “I don’t feel like eating right now”
I am starting to feel like its at that point and I don't know how to even ...... Im a little scared to be honest
I can feel the toll this is taking on my body, and I don't know if the lack of appetite is just from stress and missing my SO, and being super lonely, or if theres something like...wrong with me.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:49 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:33 pm I need more details
on an average day I eat....maybe 1 carnation breakfast protein drink(if I have any in the house)....maybe a few bites of what I make the kids for supper.

for instance, some days all I will eat is a taco, its one of the few fast foods left that I can eat (gluten allergies)
usually I can at least scarf down 1 whole taco from Taco Bell - lately maybe I can eat about half a taco.

I do try to make myself eat I know I need to eat, and its not about body image (don't worry I do still cook for and feed my kids!)
I see. As long as you are eating enough to remain healthy and not drastically losing weight you are fine. Some people go through phases of eating more or less.

Have you been checked to make sure this is not a symptom of something else?
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 pm
Nerdymom wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:35 pm I would guess when it is causing negative health issues but not caused by a specific medical reason and is chronic not just “I don’t feel like eating right now”
I am starting to feel like its at that point and I don't know how to even ...... Im a little scared to be honest
I can feel the toll this is taking on my body, and I don't know if the lack of appetite is just from stress and missing my SO, and being super lonely, or if theres something like...wrong with me.
I read your reply about how much you are eating, that doesn’t seem healthy. Can you make a dr appointment and just discuss what’s up? If you think it’s from stress and being lonely maybe counseling? Otherwise getting checked out isn’t a bad idea if you can’t physically eat more there might be something going on.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 pm
Depression can do this to you. I lost 40 pounds in about 4 months they way. I just like forgot to be hungry. It was like I did not even think about eating anymore. It was not completely concious.

Are you depressed?
Locked Previous topicNext topic