WTH Have I Been?

piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Hey everyone!

So, tons of stuff happened. Primarily, I got laid off so the company could out-source their IT department, the same week my SO/kids were going to NYC on an all-expense paid trip (thanks to my awesome mom) and I had a $1,000 plane voucher so I used half of it to go!

It was totally last minute, but totally worth it!
We had a blast!

I volunteered at HOPE this year (Hackers on Planet Earth) and got to see Chelsea Manning and a bunch of amazing people speak.

Get this:

The same day I booked my ticket (which had $500 left on the voucher), I WON a sponsorship with a company that seeks to promote women who work/are interested in security, soooooooooooo...I'm going to Vegas on Wednesday for a week (it comes with a $500 stipend as well as tickets to a convention)!

I'm on unemployment at the moment and I cannot tell you what a relief it is from being gone so much from work.

On the second day of the convention, my NOW fiance` proposed! He took me out to my favorite pizza place (yes, we broke our diet for the occasion) and kept asking me to go to the park, acting soooooooo weird.

So basically, it starts pouring rain, so our park visit was kind of cancelled. We were running from awning to awning to avoid the rain and under a nice lit up one he asked. :D

I can't believe it! We've been together for years, but now we're getting married!

I also finished my summer term this week and will be taking a step back to relax a little next term (I'll only be working PT and going to school FT for the other 2 degrees I'm working on), so yep.

I'll add pictures =)
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow! Sounds like lots of excitement! Congratulations on your engagement!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Holy cow you've been busy, and congratulations!
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow, you have been busy! Congrats on your engagement!
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Wow thats a lot of change in a short period of time. I would be stressing the hell out! Congratulations on the engagement.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sounds like you've been super busy. Congrats on your engagement!
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

BM isn't happy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:20 pm Wow! Sounds like lots of excitement! Congratulations on your engagement!
Thanks!
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:22 pm Holy cow you've been busy, and congratulations!
Definitely! I'll upload pics in a few!
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:24 pm Wow, you have been busy! Congrats on your engagement!
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Ladyiq wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:24 pm Wow thats a lot of change in a short period of time. I would be stressing the hell out! Congratulations on the engagement.
I knowwww! Thanks :D I'm so excited!
Locked Previous topicNext topic