I am not going to make a separate meal for my step kids

Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No child or outsider (to me) would ever have any say so in my house about anything at all like that. I just can't get over the number of children who actually try to make demands of adults and the adults who actually indulge their demands, which BM is trying to make happen.

I don't even make separate meals for my own children. Dinner is a take-it-or-leave-it deal. The little dandelions will survive.
nmkj
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I wouldn't either. They can eat what I make or not eat. They're not tearing up my kitchen after I've already cooked.
flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Your kids' bm sounds like my mother almost, my mother is ALWAYS worried that Dd7 isn't getting enough to eat because if she doesn't eat what I cook then she doesn't eat but she has to eat whatever it is I put on her plate so she eats it anyway most of the time but she takes FOREVER to eat. Because my mother thinks that we starve Dd she lets Dd eat whatever she wants at her house and Dd goes over there (she's only right across the street) usually 2 or 3 times a week and spends at least one weekend night a week there and usually she'll eat mac and cheese, hot dogs, pickles, etc etc.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:10 am My step kids all of a sudden dont like my cooking. I am not really sure why as they have grown up with my cooking but now everything is "gross"

When they started complaining I asked them to help me come up with meal ideas thinking it could be an easy fix. Apparently they dont like anything at all and cant come up with any ideas. When I realized they were just being difficult I told them they can eat what I make or make something simple on their own.

BM doesnt like that. She thinks I should make them whatever meal they want each day. That is not happening. If they want to help me come up with dinner ideas for everyone I would be 100% okay trying some new things but they cant just decide at dinner time they want something completely different than what I already made. I told BM that I will continue making one meal and they can eat that or make something small. She said that wasnt okay so I told her that that is the rule in my house and she can call my husband if she has any issues instead of me.

The kids can be picky with her all they want but I wont tolerate
Good for you for standing your ground.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I do not make separate meals either. People are always welcome to cook for themselves.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Eh, my biological kids do the same thing.

One of my step daughters will eat my food no matter what. I told her she was being too kind when I way over-salted the pesto pasta. She ate it anyway and drank about three gallons of water.

Kids, amirite?
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:48 pm Image
Lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic