Addiction to electronics

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's what I think SD's fit right now is about.

She was getting nasty and mouthy with her Mom so her Mom took away electonics.

Then she said she wanted to come here.

And proceeded to lose her shit on our front lawn when BM explained what happened and DH said you aren't having electronics here either.

I mean..she was like..gasping for air. It reminded me of someone feigning for a drug or something. Absolutely ridiculous.

DH just picked her up and brought her inside. He wasn't dealing with it. She's now in her room throwing a fit.

This is exactly why DH and I limit electronics here, but no one else who takes care of her does.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:44 pm That's what I think SD's fit right now is about.

She was getting nasty and mouthy with her Mom so her Mom took away electonics.

Then she said she wanted to come here.

And proceeded to lose her shit on our front lawn when BM explained what happened and DH said you aren't having electronics here either.

I mean..she was like..gasping for air. It reminded me of someone feigning for a drug or something. Absolutely ridiculous.

DH just picked her up and brought her inside. He wasn't dealing with it. She's now in her room throwing a fit.

This is exactly why DH and I limit electronics here, but no one else who takes care of her does.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yep...the electronics cause the release of some pretty powerful feel-good chemicals in the brain. Some people get hooked.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

how old is she
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:51 pm how old is she

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Unfortunately my 10 year old reacts the same way in response to too much screen time. This is why I make him play outside with friends weather permitting. He's not gonna sit inside all day rotting away and I'm not dealing with his meltdowns. I've found that anything over an hour or so and he gets super agitated and nasty when it's time to stop.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your DH picked up a 12 year old and brought her into the house?

But I am in favor of putting some time limits on electronics usage. More so, I'm in favor of encouraging some other activity...outdoors.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Anonymous 2

Unread post

THIS. It's good to give them a break from electronics.
carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:05 pm Unfortunately my 10 year old reacts the same way in response to too much screen time. This is why I make him play outside with friends weather permitting. He's not gonna sit inside all day rotting away and I'm not dealing with his meltdowns. I've found that anything over an hour or so and he gets super agitated and nasty when it's time to stop.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I agree. I never really set limits with DS14 and it’s hard to catch up once you’re behind in that area. We are far more strict with the little guys so we don’t end up with the issue we have with DS14. He’s a good kid and he doesn’t react like that, but it’s a constant struggle.

I don’t get what is shocking about a 12 year old having a massive meltdown in the front yard being picked up and carried inside, though.17 might be weird, but 12 is still a kid.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:10 pm Your DH picked up a 12 year old and brought her into the house?

But I am in favor of putting some time limits on electronics usage. More so, I'm in favor of encouraging some other activity...outdoors.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Mine play outside and they have activities like dance, martial arts and sports. They may have at the most 1 hour a day but usually less
Locked Previous topicNext topic