I'm over this!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So I emailed my professor asking him if i can look at the vocabulary worksheet when signing so I can remember what word comes next because its a sheet of random words and I simply cant remember all these random words.He emailed me back no that's considered cheating.

Wtf? How the hell am I supposed to remember 20 unrelated words AND the damn signs...its impossible.

I hate this class.He also told us to create a zine and the midterm but there's no outline! All i know is were supposed to sign about a deaf person for 8 minutes but he didnt say what about who etc. I am so upset.Its too much work.

Maybe im "slow"...matter fact i know im slow i have a hard time with math because i couldnt remember the formulas seconds after doing the problem...

Is it ME? Is it reasonable for a person to remember and recite and sign 20 unrelated words?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Flashcards are your friend.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's perfectly reasonable to remember twenty unrelated signs. I can probably remember five off the top of my head and I haven't signed in twenty years. You're going to have to practice. As far as the presentation remember KISS. Keep it simple, stupid and you should be able to get through this. Can you study with others in your class?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It is you. A normal adult should be able to remember 20 words

My first grader has a new vocab/spelling list every week with 30 words on it. She has no problem remembering them
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Relax. Another poster mentioned flash card. Have you tried using flashcard? Can you get a study partner from your class?
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah you have to know that. In college I had to remember 20 muscles the orgins, insertion and action without a muscle list off the top of my head for quizzes. We had to know 50 for the test.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Make flashcards and find a study buddy.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Seems too difficult
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There are plenty of websites for ASL, as well as the ASL dictionary that you can invest in to help you. Now, that said..that is not going to help you right this moment. It can be difficult to remember ASL signs if you don't use them all the time. Both of my girls take ASL through our co-op and their teacher requires them to go to something called Deaf Chat several times throughout the year. It is the 3rd Saturday of every month at our local Books A Million and it is where students can interact with those in the Deaf community. I'm terrible at ASL no matter how much I attempt it so I go wander the store while the kids are there signing.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Are you in high school?
Locked Previous topicNext topic