Damn my mom is nosy....

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:29 pm Doesn't sound that nosy to me. Sounds just like she wanted to have a conversation.
Yep, wait till op kids are grown. She'll understand
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So ... this is kind of just having a normal conversation. You say something, the person asks you a question, you respond. It's an information exchange. How on earth do you maintain any relationships at all if a simple conversation sets you off like this? Do you sit in a room with people in stony silence?

Some of these comments "stop the info train", "nosy bitch", "interrogating" WTF

Do some of you women not talk to anyone, ever? Is conversation that much of a lost art form? Do you have no relationships? Do you not catch up with your kids - "hey, how was your day?", "anything interesting in school?"

Good Lord being in some of your families has got to be exhausting. Phone calls must be exciting ... Ten minutes of listening to each other breathe.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:26 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:07 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:59 pm

Or mom can mind her own F***ing business and stop interrogating her daughter. If OP wanted to sharw that info she would have..No questions needed
Everyone doesn’t hate family like you. You should seriously consider therapy.
I domt hate family. In fact Im very close to my family. There is absolutely no reason to be questioning an an adult about where they are going or who they are doing....OP.saying she was going to lunch. The only reply neccessary at that point is have fun. Not demanding who and where you are going with. All her mother is doing is pushing her daughter away.
Ummmm...it's called a conversation. Do you not talk to people? Jesus.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:16 am I guess my kids hate me.
How dare you be an engaged parent and want to know how their lives are! Stop the madness!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:02 am So ... this is kind of just having a normal conversation. You say something, the person asks you a question, you respond. It's an information exchange. How on earth do you maintain any relationships at all if a simple conversation sets you off like this? Do you sit in a room with people in stony silence?

Some of these comments "stop the info train", "nosy bitch", "interrogating" WTF

Do some of you women not talk to anyone, ever? Is conversation that much of a lost art form? Do you have no relationships? Do you not catch up with your kids - "hey, how was your day?", "anything interesting in school?"

Good Lord being in some of your families has got to be exhausting. Phone calls must be exciting ... Ten minutes of listening to each other breathe.
Ikr? Yds is like this. I might ask him in passing about a friend and you'd think he worked for the CIA. I'm not asking in order to find out if the kid is a troublemaker nor am I interested in his life's story. But it would be nice to know the name of the people ds hangs out with. It's a way that I can know more about my own son. Tell the woman he's a friend from work. If she acts like you two are dating then shut it down.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m the same way with my daughter. Lol.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm baffled.. utterly baffled.
A conversation involves people sharing information.
The majority of people do this in life when someone says something..Heck, I do it with my BFF.. she will say something and I ask a question then she answers and so on. It happens with my mother, my MIL, my SILs, my nieces...It is not being nosy at all IMO. It's just conversation and being interested in someone's life. The majority of people do not have ill intentions, they are just interested in what is going on in your life ( general your).
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Ugh my BFF’s mom always wants to come out with us! I don’t understand it. Yes once in awhile if you want to come to lunch with us fine. But why can’t I have my BFF to myself to try and catch up with each other without “Mommy” wanting to come. She gets her daughter to herself. Give your daughter’s friends the same courtesy.

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:00 pm My mom is the same way. We live a mile apart and if they drive past my house and my car isnt there I get called.
Like dude, I went to the store, or my friends, or my bfs.
I dont question where YOU go! 🤣🤣

She also feels that if I go out w my bff, she needs to be invited. Annoys me.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mom sounds lonely. My grandmother does the same thing, but never does anything about it. She prefers to be the lonely martyr.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Wow.
Why is it a big deal at all.
she's your mother. you are an adult. I'm sure the two of you are intelligent enough to figure out the solution to this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic