Mind your own business! Am i being mean?

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My 9 year old does this as well. DH and I tell him to butt out all the time.
MuggleMama
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:21 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:16 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 am

You cannot say peanut gallery anymore. That is racist!
I'm late to the party...why is peanut gallery racist?
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... t-gallery/

Wow, no stinkin way
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:48 am
Emandab wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:23 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:16 am

I'm late to the party...why is peanut gallery racist?
Me too. I know the term but don't know the origin. Just something people used to say a lot.
Peanut gallery is not racist.
What is racist are the people who turn everything into racism. You just have to learn to ignore them and the word racist. It's all political bullshit.
It is based in racism. That being said I've used the term to the kids. If I have something to say to yds or to my ex I'd go outside. The oldest would try to listen. I should have a dollar for every time I've yelled at him.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You're describing an undesirable behavior. Of course you make them stop...yes, both of them. They are both old enough to participate appropriately in conversations in which thy are included, and to mind their own during conversations in which they are not included. If they have not learned it yet, begin teaching it today.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I feel like any conversation in a public area of the house should be open to everyone in the household. Our kids are 12 and 13, and we have no issue with them chiming in if something catches their attention.

If DH and I want to have a private discussion, we go to our bedroom or outside.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 am
Superbutt wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:09 am Everytime i talk to dh in front of the kids, they're like a little peanut gallery. Mostly the 12 and 8 year old. An 8 year old i can understand but 12? It's not like we're talking about anything inappropriate, but EVERY little thing we say to each other gets some sort of response from the 12 year old and idk if i'm mean but it makes me feel so annoyed! Thinking of telling her in a nice way that she doesnt have to have a response for everything but not sure if i'm just overreacting.
You cannot say peanut gallery anymore. That is racist!
Peanuts are a protected class now?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:56 pm
iamanon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:48 am
Emandab wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:23 am

Me too. I know the term but don't know the origin. Just something people used to say a lot.
Peanut gallery is not racist.
What is racist are the people who turn everything into racism. You just have to learn to ignore them and the word racist. It's all political bullshit.
It is based in racism. That being said I've used the term to the kids. If I have something to say to yds or to my ex I'd go outside. The oldest would try to listen. I should have a dollar for every time I've yelled at him.
It's more classest than racist, unless you assume all people of a certain race are broke and can only sit in the cheap seats. Which is a racist thought unto itself.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My kids try to do this when I get on the phone. I will go into the other room to talk (It could just be my dad or mom or friend) they will find every excuse to come into THAT ROOM. I have to tell them to butt out and go away.

If it's their business I will tell them, if not then they don't need to know.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My 6 year old is an extrovert and she talks and talks. Sometimes when DH and I are having a conversation she’ll wander into the room and sit on my lap. She tries to wait for her turn to talk but sometimes she even talks to herself while she’s waiting for a pause in the conversation. I end up putting my hand over her mouth about half the time, while bouncing her on my lap and cuddling her. She knows that when I take my hand off her mouth then it’s okay to resume talking. If she gets tired of waiting, she starts squirming and I let her go to go play. We teach her not to interrupt but she is a huge talker and barely pauses to take a breath.
Locked Previous topicNext topic