Mind your own business! Am i being mean?

Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Everytime i talk to dh in front of the kids, they're like a little peanut gallery. Mostly the 12 and 8 year old. An 8 year old i can understand but 12? It's not like we're talking about anything inappropriate, but EVERY little thing we say to each other gets some sort of response from the 12 year old and idk if i'm mean but it makes me feel so annoyed! Thinking of telling her in a nice way that she doesnt have to have a response for everything but not sure if i'm just overreacting.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Superbutt wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:09 am Everytime i talk to dh in front of the kids, they're like a little peanut gallery. Mostly the 12 and 8 year old. An 8 year old i can understand but 12? It's not like we're talking about anything inappropriate, but EVERY little thing we say to each other gets some sort of response from the 12 year old and idk if i'm mean but it makes me feel so annoyed! Thinking of telling her in a nice way that she doesnt have to have a response for everything but not sure if i'm just overreacting.
You cannot say peanut gallery anymore. That is racist!
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 am
Superbutt wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:09 am Everytime i talk to dh in front of the kids, they're like a little peanut gallery. Mostly the 12 and 8 year old. An 8 year old i can understand but 12? It's not like we're talking about anything inappropriate, but EVERY little thing we say to each other gets some sort of response from the 12 year old and idk if i'm mean but it makes me feel so annoyed! Thinking of telling her in a nice way that she doesnt have to have a response for everything but not sure if i'm just overreacting.
Oh, okay, my apologies..i didn't know that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Dont be stupid
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm late to the party...why is peanut gallery racist?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's normal. If you don't want them listening or commenting, don't talk in front of them.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:16 am
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... t-gallery/
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's normal. I think it's okay to tell a child even though adults are talking in front of them, they need to mind their business.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:21 am It's normal. I think it's okay to tell a child even though adults are talking in front of them, they need to mind their business.
Thank you.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:16 am
Me too. I know the term but don't know the origin. Just something people used to say a lot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic