My 10 year olds broke our window!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I can't believe this! My 10 year old broke the window by putting her feet on it and pushing on it. She said she didn't think it would break!

The metal frame is bent and the glass broken. And the kicker I am not even sure if we can fix it. I would have to find the exact same frame and everything.

She didn't even do it out of anger she was laying on the couch and put her feet on the window and push with her feet.

I knew I couldn't have nice things but gosh dang can I at least have the simple things like windows that aren't broken!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:18 pm I can't believe this! My 10 year old broke the window by putting her feet on it and pushing on it. She said she didn't think it would break!

The metal frame is bent and the glass broken. And the kicker I am not even sure if we can fix it. I would have to find the exact same frame and everything.

She didn't even do it out of anger she was laying on the couch and put her feet on the window and push with her feet.

I knew I couldn't have nice things but gosh dang can I at least have the simple things like windows that aren't broken!
Why would she put her feet on the window in the first place?
At least wasnt cut
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My son threw a ball through one of ours. Then that son and a DD were goofing off and fell out of a window. Thankfully on the main floor and they didn’t get hurt. A dog jumped through another one, and two more were replaced because of a kid 🤷🏻‍♀️ Shit happens.
Countrygirl
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:23 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:18 pm I can't believe this! My 10 year old broke the window by putting her feet on it and pushing on it. She said she didn't think it would break!

At least wasnt cut
She said it felt comfortable on her feet.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I remember my 2yo deciding to plomp herself in the window sill to stare out the window and smashed the window out. She wasn't a heavy girl (actually on the 'lower' end) and didn't like - throw herself into it - she just did a 2yo sit. The military was so pissed at us, but I was like "if your window is so light weighted that a twelve kilo 2yo can smash it by lightly sitting in it there's something wrong with the window".
Anonymous 4

Unread post

She's 10. Most likely didn't think anything would really happen. Have her work off whatever it costs. My cousins and I broke many a window playing ball, back in the day.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Countrygirl wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:34 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:23 pm

At least wasnt cut
She said it felt comfortable on her feet.
Thats a new one, lol
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My dd accidentally put her elbow through her window when she was 3. It happens. We replaced the window and moved on with our lives.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

A kid two doors down shot our window with a pellet gun. He was trying to impress some older kids. Shit happens.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You can just replace the glass without needing to replace the entire window.
Locked Previous topicNext topic