10 items or less....

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:40 pm You are. And those screens are filthy.

I just can’t imagine why you’d want to help some of the richest corporations in the world get higher profits while providing you with less service. And while eradicating jobs.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:28 pm IME Target actually has good quality cashiers who actually know what they are doing and can get the lines through in a timely manner without looking like they are in hell. Can't say the same for Walmart. I don't know that I've ever had a good Walmart cashier experience.

You sound like the crazy people on my local FB that also say "Walmart doesn't give me a paycheck so..." Sounds like a ridiculous stance to me.

Guess what, I also enjoy using those order screens at McDonald's instead of going up to the counter. Guess I'm taking jobs there too.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 pm My Target tried doing this. I wrote an email and a tweet to corporate. Others must have, too, and now they have lots of people working registers again.
Automation isn’t new, but making the customer work for free is a current idea. I don’t get a paycheck from these businesses, so I’m not ringing up and bagging my items.

There is this nifty invention called bathrooms, which have soap&water for washing your hands. LE GASP! Who F***ing knew? Knock it off with the faux outrage.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:57 pm Less service? I'd say better service. Too many times fast food cashiers have rung up what I ordered wrong. It's like it can't travel from their ears to their fingers without getting screwed up. At least on a screen doing it myself I can double check that I punched in everything the way I want it.

Maybe if people didn't want their jobs eradicated they should've been doing better at it all along. And yes, I've been a cashier before. I worked at Target for 4 years as a cashier while going through college. I know for a fact that a lot of these idiots today have no clue how to be a proper cashier. Or really that some companies (ie. Walmart, McD's) just don't care to train them. I still get great service at Target and happily go to a cashier there. Can't say the same for Walmart.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:40 pm You are. And those screens are filthy.

I just can’t imagine why you’d want to help some of the richest corporations in the world get higher profits while providing you with less service. And while eradicating jobs.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:28 pm IME Target actually has good quality cashiers who actually know what they are doing and can get the lines through in a timely manner without looking like they are in hell. Can't say the same for Walmart. I don't know that I've ever had a good Walmart cashier experience.

You sound like the crazy people on my local FB that also say "Walmart doesn't give me a paycheck so..." Sounds like a ridiculous stance to me.

Guess what, I also enjoy using those order screens at McDonald's instead of going up to the counter. Guess I'm taking jobs there too.

I get exactly what I want every time I use one of those touch screens at Micky's. The other day I used their drive-thru to order. My order was simple. Two McChickens. Nothing more, no fancy toppings, or additions. I pay at first window, get my receipt drive up to second window. I look at it, and it wasn't what I asked for at all. I was charged for someone else's order, which was a diet coke, and a large fry. Second window had to fix it. She asks me if I order the special chickens, and I was like nope. Just two plain ole McChickens. Now if I had gone in, this wouldn't have happened.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:59 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:57 pm Less service? I'd say better service. Too many times fast food cashiers have rung up what I ordered wrong. It's like it can't travel from their ears to their fingers without getting screwed up. At least on a screen doing it myself I can double check that I punched in everything the way I want it.

Maybe if people didn't want their jobs eradicated they should've been doing better at it all along. And yes, I've been a cashier before. I worked at Target for 4 years as a cashier while going through college. I know for a fact that a lot of these idiots today have no clue how to be a proper cashier. Or really that some companies (ie. Walmart, McD's) just don't care to train them. I still get great service at Target and happily go to a cashier there. Can't say the same for Walmart.

I get exactly what I want every time I use one of those touch screens at Micky's. The other day I used their drive-thru to order. My order was simple. Two McChickens. Nothing more, no fancy toppings, or additions. I pay at first window, get my receipt drive up to second window. I look at it, and it wasn't what I asked for at all. I was charged for someone else's order, which was a diet coke, and a large fry. Second window had to fix it. She asks me if I order the special chickens, and I was like nope. Just two plain ole McChickens. Now if I had gone in, this wouldn't have happened.
And they want $15/hr for that kind of service. Like "Make sure I have a job and make sure I get $15/hr and I'll make sure to f**k up your order every time."
And they wonder why we prefer the automation.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:17 am Please don’t use self checkout. It enables companies to get rid of workers.
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 am I use self checkout, always. No limits.
I’m faster than the workers. That’s why I use it, and will continue to do so. Cashier lines are miles long, because of how slow they are. ::shrugs::
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I always use the self check out lanes everywhere. And I'm like you...quicker than the cashiers!

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:26 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:17 am Please don’t use self checkout. It enables companies to get rid of workers.
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 am I use self checkout, always. No limits.
I’m faster than the workers. That’s why I use it, and will continue to do so. Cashier lines are miles long, because of how slow they are. ::shrugs::
Locked Previous topicNext topic