10 items or less....

Anonymous 3

Walmart is the richest company in America while simultaneously the cheapest. Are they paying you a salary? If not, why work for free? It’s not your job to ring things up. Complain if there are only 1 or 2 registers open.
Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:21 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:17 am Please don’t use self checkout. It enables companies to get rid of workers.
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 am I use self checkout, always. No limits.
They made most of our walmarts around here have mostly self checkouts now they even have 4 with conveyor belts for those with carts full. They have like 5 non self checkouts and often only 2 open. I'm not waiting for those long lines and I'm sure others \feel that way as well.
Anonymous 3

My Target tried doing this. I wrote an email and a tweet to corporate. Others must have, too, and now they have lots of people working registers again.
Automation isn’t new, but making the customer work for free is a current idea. I don’t get a paycheck from these businesses, so I’m not ringing up and bagging my items.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 am Automation has been stealing jobs for decades, probably since before you were born. What makes cashier jobs so special and worthy of protection that all the rest of us should inconvenience ourselves for them?
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:17 am Please don’t use self checkout. It enables companies to get rid of workers.
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 am I use self checkout, always. No limits.
Deleted User 276

I've never paid attention. The stores I usually shop at don't have express lanes.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 pm My Target tried doing this. I wrote an email and a tweet to corporate. Others must have, too, and now they have lots of people working registers again.
Automation isn’t new, but making the customer work for free is a current idea. I don’t get a paycheck from these businesses, so I’m not ringing up and bagging my items.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 am Automation has been stealing jobs for decades, probably since before you were born. What makes cashier jobs so special and worthy of protection that all the rest of us should inconvenience ourselves for them?

I prefer to bag my own items. Because chances are the cashier is going to get them mixed up. There is a reason I have all my freezer stuff together on the belt, all my produce together, all my meats together and so on. But for some strange reason they decide that the lettuce will go really good in a bag with the ice cream.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:48 pm There is a poster here that threw a fit in a store over this issue.
Really?!.. a little fit or go get the manager fit..lol!!
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Why should other people have to wait in line behind some idiot who cannot count to ten? It is my business, especially if it's egregiously over 10. The whole point of those express lines is so people with only a few items can get through a faster checkout. People who cannot count slow up the line for those who can. I ALWAYS count to make sure I don't make such a stupid mistake.
Anonymous 3

I guess I don’t understand that level of neuroses.
highlandmum wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:30 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 pm My Target tried doing this. I wrote an email and a tweet to corporate. Others must have, too, and now they have lots of people working registers again.

I prefer to bag my own items. Because chances are the cashier is going to get them mixed up. There is a reason I have all my freezer stuff together on the belt, all my produce together, all my meats together and so on. But for some strange reason they decide that the lettuce will go really good in a bag with the ice cream.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

No my monkey, not my circus. I'm usually paying more attention to what my kids are trying to pull off the shelves at the register to con me into buying for them, or trying to sneak into the cart.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

IME Target actually has good quality cashiers who actually know what they are doing and can get the lines through in a timely manner without looking like they are in hell. Can't say the same for Walmart. I don't know that I've ever had a good Walmart cashier experience.

You sound like the crazy people on my local FB that also say "Walmart doesn't give me a paycheck so..." Sounds like a ridiculous stance to me.

Guess what, I also enjoy using those order screens at McDonald's instead of going up to the counter. Guess I'm taking jobs there too.

Anonymous 8

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:50 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:48 pm There is a poster here that threw a fit in a store over this issue.
Really?!.. a little fit or go get the manager fit..lol!!
Went to the manager and caused a scene.
Locked Previous topicNext topic