Almost 2 year old still screams/cries most of the day

4Toomany
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:17 pm How is he sleeping at night? A tired toddler is a cranky, whiny, toddler with zero tolerance for any kind of frustration. The littlest thing can set off a temper tantrum in a sleep deprived child.
He still wakes multiple times a night, every few hours to nurse. He has one nap during the day that's usually around 2 hours long.
4Toomany
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:42 am
4Toomany wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:08 am

Both. Lots of tantrums and meltdowns. Cries for what he wants. Hes cranky and easy to "trigger"
Sounds like my 18 month old some days. Is he bored maybe? Does he get enough sleep?

Would you be willing to try a mothers day out or part time daycare? Ds has honestly been a much happier child since starting daycare. Not sure what that says about me as a mother lol, but he just loves the interaction with other kids and being kept busy with fun activities.

Also, is there a chance your antidepressant may be affecting his mood? Or any any allergy medication?

Anyways....I wish you all the best because I know how frustrating it can be.
This. Ods used to like getting out of the house. Amazing because now he's a homebody. Also as he starts speaking it may become easier. Yds had speech delays. He occasionally screamed and he did a lot of that going limp and falling to the ground if he didn't get his way. Also tell your dh to get a grip. Maybe he can give you a night or a few hours off?
He doesn't say many words, he points and SCREAMS to get what he wants. The headache that ensue are horrible.
4Toomany
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am is he an only child?
No hes the 4th
4Toomany
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:55 pm Is he getting enough to eat and getting enough sleep? He needs more than just breastmilk, lot of healthy snacks and meals too. I would try to quell the screams by making him tell me why he's upset in words he can use, and not letting him have anything unless he uses his words if he is able to.
Most likely not, He doesn't eat much. He plays with his food and throws it. Sleep is terrible and he nurses through the night. He also doesn't talk alot mostly points or screams to get what he wants. I try repeating words over and over with him to try to get him to open up his vocabulary.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am not one too quickly jump to recommend evaluation, but maybe you should have his pediatrician take a look.
MellyJelly

Unread post

Have his adenoids checked.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

4Toomany wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:03 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:17 pm How is he sleeping at night? A tired toddler is a cranky, whiny, toddler with zero tolerance for any kind of frustration. The littlest thing can set off a temper tantrum in a sleep deprived child.
He still wakes multiple times a night, every few hours to nurse. He has one nap during the day that's usually around 2 hours long.
Maybe it's time to night-wean him so both of you can get some sleep. A 2-year-old should be getting at least 12 hours of sleep. Ideally 10-12 hours at night with a 1-3 hour nap during the day. Give him a good snack before bedtime, breastmilk in a cup and a banana or half or quarter pb&j so his tummy won't wake him up in the middle of the night. Cosleeping might have to end too until he's weaned.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you stay home most of the day?
4Toomany
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:44 pm Do you stay home most of the day?
Yes we do. We are having 100°+ weather we can't go outside but also hes not interested in anything, toys movies ect...nothing holds his attention.
4Toomany
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

MellyJelly wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 am Have his adenoids checked.
Thanks I will!
Locked Previous topicNext topic