Almost 2 year old still screams/cries most of the day

Anonymous 2

Unread post

4Toomany wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:08 am
KendallsMom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:32 am Just randomly? Or are there triggers?
Both. Lots of tantrums and meltdowns. Cries for what he wants. Hes cranky and easy to "trigger"
Sounds like my 18 month old some days. Is he bored maybe? Does he get enough sleep?

Would you be willing to try a mothers day out or part time daycare? Ds has honestly been a much happier child since starting daycare. Not sure what that says about me as a mother lol, but he just loves the interaction with other kids and being kept busy with fun activities.

Also, is there a chance your antidepressant may be affecting his mood? Or any any allergy medication?

Anyways....I wish you all the best because I know how frustrating it can be.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry. I have one high needs child, he was so damn exhausting, he went to daycare & I worked though, so I got a break, can you do that?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:42 am
4Toomany wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:08 am
KendallsMom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:32 am Just randomly? Or are there triggers?
Both. Lots of tantrums and meltdowns. Cries for what he wants. Hes cranky and easy to "trigger"
Sounds like my 18 month old some days. Is he bored maybe? Does he get enough sleep?

Would you be willing to try a mothers day out or part time daycare? Ds has honestly been a much happier child since starting daycare. Not sure what that says about me as a mother lol, but he just loves the interaction with other kids and being kept busy with fun activities.

Also, is there a chance your antidepressant may be affecting his mood? Or any any allergy medication?

Anyways....I wish you all the best because I know how frustrating it can be.
This. Ods used to like getting out of the house. Amazing because now he's a homebody. Also as he starts speaking it may become easier. Yds had speech delays. He occasionally screamed and he did a lot of that going limp and falling to the ground if he didn't get his way. Also tell your dh to get a grip. Maybe he can give you a night or a few hours off?
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

is he an only child?
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

is he an only child?
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My son was doing this. He will be 2 in October. I started taking him outside more once the weather got better. He loves it! He's not crying nearly as much, and the fits have stopped. Now he only cries when he is super tired and wants cuddles.

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Trantrums and crying is normal at 2yrs old. Just be firm when you are trying to change the behavior, ignore it, walk away and time outs at this age are all more than appropriate.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

What is he doing when he isn't screaming and or crying (besides sleeping)?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

How is he sleeping at night? A tired toddler is a cranky, whiny, toddler with zero tolerance for any kind of frustration. The littlest thing can set off a temper tantrum in a sleep deprived child.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is he getting enough to eat and getting enough sleep? He needs more than just breastmilk, lot of healthy snacks and meals too. I would try to quell the screams by making him tell me why he's upset in words he can use, and not letting him have anything unless he uses his words if he is able to.
Locked Previous topicNext topic