Pennsylvania school.district tells parents either pay tour child's lunch debt or risk loosi g your children

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:31 pm And we're not talking about poor families here, right? Because families with little to no income qualify for free lunch. So we're talking about parents who earn enough money to pay for their kids' lunch but can't get off their fat lazy asses long enough to actually pay it.

Sorry, but I have no patience for parents who refuse to pay something as simple as a school lunch debt.

Growing up we didn’t qualify for things like food stamps and free lunch but we were just over the line.

I’d imagine a good portion of the ones not paying are in the same boat. They really do need help in the form of free or reduced lunch but don’t qualify.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 pm I don't know what the solution is but this is a very common problem.

I foresee public schools going to "FREE LUNCH FOR ALL STUDENTS" real soon.

This would stop all the indebtedness to school districts. Taxpayers will be paying for lunches.

If I’m not mistaken Houston isd offered free lunch for the rest of the school year after harvey for ALL children in the school district. Houston isd is one of the largest school districts in the country. At this point I think lunch needs to be included for all, it would solve this problem.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I agree.

And then the next thing schools will have to contend with is all the kids who decide to bring their own lunches...but forget their lunches at home! :?
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:43 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 pm I don't know what the solution is but this is a very common problem.

This would stop all the indebtedness to school districts. Taxpayers will be paying for lunches.

If I’m not mistaken Houston isd offered free lunch for the rest of the school year after harvey for ALL children in the school district. Houston isd is one of the largest school districts in the country. At this point I think lunch needs to be included for all, it would solve this problem.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Illegal aliens do NOT have everything paid for. That's nonsense.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Lmao!

That reminds me i need to collect my credit from the school cafe website. Both kids have credits.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:41 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:31 pm And we're not talking about poor families here, right? Because families with little to no income qualify for free lunch. So we're talking about parents who earn enough money to pay for their kids' lunch but can't get off their fat lazy asses long enough to actually pay it.

Sorry, but I have no patience for parents who refuse to pay something as simple as a school lunch debt.

Growing up we didn’t qualify for things like food stamps and free lunch but we were just over the line.

I’d imagine a good portion of the ones not paying are in the same boat. They really do need help in the form of free or reduced lunch but don’t qualify.
When I was growing up I always qualified for either free or reduced lunch and my mom never struggled to put food on the table. And she was an alcoholic wasting a lot of her money on booze. I didn't have a lot of wants in my childhood but I never went without my needs, and she never failed to pay for my lunches when I was on reduced fee.

But back then I guess you didn't have parents spending $600 on a cell phone and calling it a "need". I still think 95% of the families with a school lunch debt have either fucked up priorities or really suck at money management. Either way, not the school's problem.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That is how our school district works. All the kids get free lunch. They only need money for extras (soda, desserts)?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

One parent who got a letter pointed out a flaw in the school breakfast and lunch system. She sends a packed lunch with her kids and they still give every child (K-12) their lunch number. Kids are allowed to charge breakfast, lunch, snacks and extra drinks to this number without anyone monitoring. So a Kindergartner can charge $200 in snacks even if said child has a packed lunch every day and eats breakfast at home.
To the child these a "free" snacks. They don't understand how it works. A parent who packs a lunch has no reason to check the balance of the account. Oh and snacks, drinks, and second breakfasts and lunches are not covered by free and reduced lunch. So a parent who qualifies for free lunch may also have a high lunch account balance due to the child charging extra food.
I will see if I can dig up where I saw that comment.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm Parents should turn in their citizenship and become illegal aliens....that way everything they do and everything they need and everything they want is FREE...Problems solved.
Stop getting your news from Russian FB trolls
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think the kids should be automatically taken or anything like that but if a kid consistently has no food or money it does need to be looked into.
Locked Previous topicNext topic