Pennsylvania school.district tells parents either pay tour child's lunch debt or risk loosi g your children

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 pm I don't know what the solution is but this is a very common problem.

I foresee public schools going to "FREE LUNCH FOR ALL STUDENTS" real soon.

This would stop all the indebtedness to school districts. Taxpayers will be paying for lunches.
Taxpayers pay for public school, why not include lunch? Some cities and towns have begun offering all students lunch. NYC does. Or at least lower the income level needed to be eligible for free lunch. Kids don’t do well when hungry.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:38 pm If you can't afford to feed your kids you are a shitty and unfit parent and you deserve to have them taken away
The school I worked for many of the families could afford food and/or pay their bill. Some would rather buy 100 tennis shoes, latest iPhone than pay 40-50 bill. Not saying all are like this but the ones I encountered were.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:28 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm Kids being TAKEN FROM THEIR PARENTS over $50 in chicken nuggets and chocolate milk. What a shitshow of a country
Well, it doesn't say the kids will be taken. It says the parents could go to Dependency Court where it's possible that the kids could be taken. I would imagine there would have to be more going on than just a lunch bill.

But let's face it, it's the parent's responsibility to feed the kids, not the schools. And if you can't manage to pay for a cheap-ass lunch for your kid everyday, you've got some serious problems going on that you either need the wake-up call to shake you into responsibility, or perhaps your kids would be better off somewhere else.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I agree, Lemons. :) See my earlier response. ^
Lemons wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 pm I don't know what the solution is but this is a very common problem.

This would stop all the indebtedness to school districts. Taxpayers will be paying for lunches.
Taxpayers pay for public school, why not include lunch? Some cities and towns have begun offering all students lunch. NYC does. Or at least lower the income level needed to be eligible for free lunch. Kids don’t do well when hungry.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thats already happening in some districts
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I agree.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Thats already happening in some districts
Anonymous 8

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm Kids being TAKEN FROM THEIR PARENTS over $50 in chicken nuggets and chocolate milk. What a shitshow of a country
If the parents can’t afford to feed their children they should be taken.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

A shame. Not providing food for your children should be an automatic CPS/foster situation. What pieces of shit.
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:14 pm They were also told that they cannot threaten foster care for this by the authorities so it went nowhere.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They should do like the Chinese do:

Post the parents' names & their debt in a public place and shame them into paying their debt!

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/societ ... t-screens

ETA: I say this mainly about those big balances ($450.00) owed.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Weird, I’m in PA and I’ve let my son’s lunch card go negative because I forgot about it. I put $100 on at the beginning of the year and forgot about checking the balance. I never even got a phone call. The only reason I knew about the negative balance was because ods asked if he could start getting snacks again lol
🤓The Admin 🤓
Locked Previous topicNext topic