Pennsylvania school.district tells parents either pay tour child's lunch debt or risk loosi g your children

Anonymous 4

Unread post

If you can't afford to feed your kids you are a shitty and unfit parent and you deserve to have them taken away
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I doubt any parents believed that would actually happen even before it was retracted. There needs to be some kind of "motivation" they can actually enforce. My sympathy lies only with the school.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I know sometimes parents pack the kids a lunch but the kid doesn’t want it so they go through the lunch line and get a school lunch. That’s not the parents fault. Maybe the school should have a sack lunch with a sandwich, apple, chips, and a cookie with water for kids that have no money on their account. Like the lunch’s we use to get on field trips.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Although I believe people should pay their bills, in this case the person who wrote this threat needs to face a consequence. I don't know what the answer is about school lunches not being paid but this is absolutely nothing that warrants even an empty threat about removing children from their parents.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The great majority of these kids owed less than $10. There were only a handful who owed more.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t agree with the letter threatening to take kids from parents. I do sympathize with the school. What can the school do to motivate parents to pay their bill?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't know what the solution is but this is a very common problem.

I foresee public schools going to "FREE LUNCH FOR ALL STUDENTS" real soon.

This would stop all the indebtedness to school districts. Taxpayers will be paying for lunches.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

960 students owed from 5 cents to $10 dollars. Only 40 students owed more than $10. Only 40 students out of 5,000 students owed more than $10.

Apparently there were 4 students who didn’t pay all year and owed $440. So send the four to a collection agency.

What a country.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 pm I don't know what the solution is but this is a very common problem.

This would stop all the indebtedness to school districts. Taxpayers will be paying for lunches.
That is already in many school districts who have a certain amount of students over the poverty level. The school district my sister lives in gets free breakfast and lunch because they have an 80% poverty level.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes. A few schools in a city near us have that, too. I don't know that I'd be opposed to it being "free" for all either. It would certainly got down on a lot of BS. And we do know that "fed" kids perform better. :)
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 pm I don't know what the solution is but this is a very common problem.

That is already in many school districts who have a certain amount of students over the poverty level. The school district my sister lives in gets free breakfast and lunch because they have an 80% poverty level.
Locked Previous topicNext topic