SIL got arrested and now she needs to find a new place to live

Notamerican

Unread post

SIL was coming to live with DH and I for a bit. She wants to move here full time but needed some help getting on her feet before the rest of her family could move here also.

A couple days ago we got a phone call that she had been arrested for drink driving. She blew a 0.07% which is above the legal limit. Her defense was that she didnt know the legal limit is lower here than it is at home. She said the cops were being dramatic and that she shouldnt have even been arrested.

That isnt how it works and studies have shown that you are impaired at 0.05% which is why it is the legal limit here.

We would not go get her out of jail and we told her she could not come back to our house. She did get out of jail and now she is bitching about us to just let her live with us. It absolutely will not happen. I dont even want to associate with her ever again let alone have her in my home. That is something that is not forgivable IMO. She could have killed someone.

The job she did have fired her. She says she is sleeping on the streets and cant even afford to get back home. I honestly dont care. She did this to herself. Her DH is just as mad and doesnt want her to come back home anyway. She cant figure out why everyone was so mad when this "wasnt even a big deal". It is disgusting
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't blame you. I generally don't take on other people's problems if it can be avoided. Especially if it involved poor decision making and could have been avoided. She's a big girl. She'll figure it out. Tough love.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

that wouldn't stop me from helping out family.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Love your screen name. 😂
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Notamerican

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 am that wouldn't stop me from helping out family.
Good people do not help out drink drivers. Period
Reedusstalker

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 am that wouldn't stop me from helping out family.
This.

But the SILs attitude about it is terrible. How can she not think its a big deal?
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If she was remorseful I would let her come back, but since she sounds extremely immature and ungrateful I wouldnt.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:20 am
I don't agree.
Notamerican

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:43 am
Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:20 am
I don't agree.
Good people do not enable such horrible behaviour. Only a shitty person would be okay helping out a drink driver.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That wouldn’t stop me from helping her.
Locked Previous topicNext topic