Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:53 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:37 pm

I used to feel the same way then my phone was on its last leg and I realized it was useless. I was in bed and my dog pushed the door open and walked in the room. I said "Lego what are you doing?" And I kid you not my phone says "7am the dog comes in the bedroom and Lisa says "Lego what are you doing? " it was then that I realized trying to avoid this is pointless because its everywhere now.
Google assistant doesn't do that. It might think I'm speaking to it. Like I'll say the word Google and it will open a search based on what I'm saying after that. So if I say to someone Google sucks ass it might respond by saying "I don't know what to say to that". But not in the way you're describing. If it did that I'd turn the phone off or something.
Sure it doesn't. What makes you think with smart TVs listening and Google home listening Google assistant would never do such a thing? So you've never talked about something without searching for it then had it pop up on an ad? Because that has happened to basically everyone I know who owns a smart phone. Using Google assistant is exactly like using Google home same keywords to get it to respond and everything.
I don't own a smart TV. I just own two stupid TVs. One barely works never mind tracks what I'm doing. I know Google tracks what I search online and sends me ads pertaining to Amazon purchases or what have you. But no, i have never had Google send me an ad for something i merely talked about. But I rarely use Google assistant. I use an ad blocker browser instead. Maybe that's why. I have a Google account on my computer and my phone. But I don't want a Google home. I don't want Alexa. Rational or not. I don't care.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

:lol:
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Google assistant doesn't do that. It might think I'm speaking to it. Like I'll say the word Google and it will open a search based on what I'm saying after that. So if I say to someone Google sucks ass it might respond by saying "I don't know what to say to that". But not in the way you're describing. If it did that I'd turn the phone off or something.
Sure it doesn't. What makes you think with smart TVs listening and Google home listening Google assistant would never do such a thing? So you've never talked about something without searching for it then had it pop up on an ad? Because that has happened to basically everyone I know who owns a smart phone. Using Google assistant is exactly like using Google home same keywords to get it to respond and everything.
I don't own a smart TV. I just own two stupid TVs.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:02 am :lol:

Im just saying the other night my husband and i were having an argument (over the price of weed) and Siri told us exactly how much an oz of weed was in our zip code......Freaked us both out
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol, just wanted to share the ads that
Come up when reading this post...
187D84B4-25B8-437F-A317-215EEA75F0B7.png
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, I don't have anything like that.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They are. One of them has a bad picture tube or something. I have to turn it off and on several times to get a clear picture. I don't watch tv enough to justify a new bedroom one.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:41 pm
Im just saying the other night my husband and i were having an argument (over the price of weed) and Siri told us exactly how much an oz of weed was in our zip code......Freaked us both out
Ods says he's never had Siri do that. I have an android.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't trust it, not since I discovered it in our airbnb.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

What did you discover in your airbnb???
californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:14 pm I don't trust it, not since I discovered it in our airbnb.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 pm What did you discover in your airbnb???
californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:14 pm I don't trust it, not since I discovered it in our airbnb.
We knew about Alexa. My 3 year old niece had a blast asking her to continuously play Disney music. But one night, she yelled at us to 'be quiet' when someone loudly laughed at a joke, and she would offer her 2 cents when dh and I were discussing something alone in our bedroom. We learned that our host could control Alexa from his house, so dh and I unplugged our speaker until it was time to leave.
Locked Previous topicNext topic