Do you have an Alexa?

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm Nope!

I don't need to have one more person in my house talking back to me!
Alexa is sometimes the only thing in my house that listens to me!!
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:53 pm I can hear it now, "Alexa, tell Alexa to be quiet." ..."No, Alexa! YOU be quiet!" :lol:
bmw29 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 pm I have 3 Alexa's in the house not counting the ones on the 4 firesticks. I also have one in my car. We play music through them, set alarms and times, control the indoor temperature, control the TVs, keep grocery and to do lists, set reminders, play games, get weather and news briefings.....the list is endless.
The truck is to use different wake words for devices within voice range of each other! Lol. It gets really confusing otherwise!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Great response! Too funny!

I might just have to buy me one of them after all! :lol:
SolidlyAverage wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm Nope!

I don't need to have one more person in my house talking back to me!
Alexa is sometimes the only thing in my house that listens to me!!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Oh. That's good!

Otherwise, the Alexas could spend the entire day arguing with one another! :lol: It'd be like having one more kid in the house! :? :? :?

SolidlyAverage wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:02 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:53 pm I can hear it now, "Alexa, tell Alexa to be quiet." ..."No, Alexa! YOU be quiet!" :lol:
bmw29 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 pm I have 3 Alexa's in the house not counting the ones on the 4 firesticks. I also have one in my car. We play music through them, set alarms and times, control the indoor temperature, control the TVs, keep grocery and to do lists, set reminders, play games, get weather and news briefings.....the list is endless.
The truck is to use different wake words for devices within voice range of each other! Lol. It gets really confusing otherwise!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm I don't. I can't shake the feeling this shit is how Big Brother will start. I've used my Google assistant on mobile but I don't like it. Besides if I want information or to hear jokes I can call my father and have an actual conversation. The man knows all lol.
Your phone does the same thing.
Jlop0004
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No, I'm not lazy.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How is it lazy to tell google or alexa to add things to a shopping list, ask the weather for the day or if you have anything on your calendar? Or tell it to play music? Those are all the things we use our googles for in our home. I'm just curious how those things equate to being lazy. I understand why some people are opposed to them in their homes due to the fact that alexa can order things by accident, etc.. though. Obviously, we don't have the same concerns since we have 4 googles. LOL
Jlop0004 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:47 am No, I'm not lazy.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:30 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm I don't. I can't shake the feeling this shit is how Big Brother will start. I've used my Google assistant on mobile but I don't like it. Besides if I want information or to hear jokes I can call my father and have an actual conversation. The man knows all lol.
Your phone does the same thing.
I didnt say my fears were rational. Idk. I just don't like the damned things. I feel they're listening in. My phone is different. It's in my pocket, a purse, or turned off. Also the whole telling it to turn on a light switch. I can't help but feel like a fat human in Wall-e. Too much sci-fi i guess.
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

We have Alexa but rarely use it.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL They never respond to each other and only the one in the room you're in responds when you ask a question or make a request. The list feature is my favorite because it goes straight to my phone which makes it easier to keep track of what we need. The timer is also handy when I'm working because I need to have multiple going at once and my hands are usually covered in things I don't want to get everywhere.
Locked Previous topicNext topic