S/O do you hug people?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If someone goes to hug you. Be it a friend, coworker, Random kid, your Aunt.... Whoever

Do you hug them? Do you stick your hand out to shake their hand instead? Do you scream don't touch me?

I am not a real touchy huggy person, so I will turn sideways and give them an awkward side hug. I do this with almost everyone except my kids and niece and nephew (I mean if I was married or dating someone I would let them hug me) even family gets awkward side hugs. I prefer to shake someones hand.

I do have a coworker who I allow to hug me, Why I don't know . I am just comfortable with him.

So do you hug people? Shake hand? just stand there and say hi?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I hug my family and select friends.. I'm the person that waits outside the door at Church to avoid the greeting. I don't want to shake hands, hug, etc..no..just no. It cracks Dh up as I've always been such an extrovert, but the older we get I'm turning into quite the introvert.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If someone goes in for a hug, I hug them but I am not a hugger so I will never be the instigator.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If someone went to hug me that wasnt an immediate family I might slap them out of instinct. That would be so weird
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If someone is coming in for a hug I will hug them. The only situation where I don’t hug is when I’m working with children. I will fist bump 👊.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:32 pm If someone goes in for a hug, I hug them but I am not a hugger so I will never be the instigator.
This exactly.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm a hugger
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So most people I know, know I’m not a hugger so they know not to try. My ILs insist on hugging so I do it but so make sure it’s uncomfortable for them.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm totally fine with hugs. Family, friends, my close coworkers (been there over 12 years so I've worked with most for several years and we're genuine friends).
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I do a side hug if forced to hug people. I prefer people to not touch me. Funny thing is that I am a touchy person. I want to control who touches me. I have a few people who I don't mind touching me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic