How stupid would I be if I didn't take advantage of this?

7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm I'm all about more women in STEM, especially engineering. I love love love my job. You should go for it!
What do you do?
I'm getting more excited about it as the days go by.
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Is it a degree you can use in your area?
Living my perfect life 💕
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Sportsmom wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:42 am Is it a degree you can use in your area?
Yup. NASA is about 45 minutes away. I'm hoping for a NASA job. How cool would that be?
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

7byher wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 am
Smarties wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm I'm all about more women in STEM, especially engineering. I love love love my job. You should go for it!
What do you do?

I'm a software engineer. I make models and simulations that the MEs and EEs and nuclear engineers in my company use in their work. Its the best of both worlds to me. A computer science flavor of all kinds of engineering processes.

Would your degree be ABET accredited? That can be really important and you definitely need to look into what all that means. My company won't hire engineers from schools that are not ABET accredited.
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 am
What do you do?

I'm a software engineer. I make models and simulations that the MEs and EEs and nuclear engineers in my company use in their work. Its the best of both worlds to me. A computer science flavor of all kinds of engineering processes.

Would your degree be ABET accredited? That can be really important and you definitely need to look into what all that means. My company won't hire engineers from schools that are not ABET accredited.
Yes it will.
Capture.JPG
Accreditation is so important, it's one of the first things I looked at.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

7byher wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 am
Smarties wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 am

What do you do?

Yes it will.

Capture.JPG

Accreditation is so important, it's one of the first things I looked at.

Awesome!
Locked Previous topicNext topic