My son broke his phone. Again.

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm I don't understand how this constantly happens to people. Do you guys get a "pretty" or "cool" case or do you get a good durable case. My son has an otter box and dh and I have life proof cases. None of use has ever had a problem with breaking phones.
My phone finally had a tragic accident on 4th of July. It'd been dropped before and survived. Last Thursday not so much. New phone has a nice otterbox case, plus a glass protector. Old phone I'd had about 5 years. Hell the phone before this last one fell with me when I fractured my elbow on the train tracks. All it did was crack the camera lens.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My daughter just turned 12 in May, she's be having the same Android for 2years now, the screen has a small crack in it and the back of the phone has a million and one scratches on it, but it's still holding up. I'll probably do a upgrade shorty before school starts off. So far, so good.
But, your dad sounds more like my husband, they want even insure any of his phone anymore due to, to many claims
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah, after that many times, he just wouldn't have a phone. That's carelessness, and he clearly doesn't take care of things.

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think I've been lucky. My son is 18 and is still using the first phone he ever got and I gave it to him when he turned 14. I've had to replace the case 3 times but other than that he's been careful.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He wouldn't be getting another phone in my house.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Holy Sh*t! Not sure how old you are but do you remember the character, "Bad Luck Schleprock" from the Flintstones? Trouble followed this poor guy everywhere! This part sounds like one of his episodes! Hope your fractured elbow healed quickly! :(

[media] [/media]

MistressMonster wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:22 am
Poietes wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm I don't understand how this constantly happens to people. Do you guys get a "pretty" or "cool" case or do you get a good durable case. My son has an otter box and dh and I have life proof cases. None of use has ever had a problem with breaking phones.
My phone finally had a tragic accident on 4th of July. It'd been dropped before and survived. Last Thursday not so much. New phone has a nice otterbox case, plus a glass protector. Old phone I'd had about 5 years. Hell the phone before this last one fell with me when I fractured my elbow on the train tracks. All it did was crack the camera lens.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I get some sort of protection plan-Square Trade is GREAT. So is Apple care...I bought a protection package for my daughter through a company called Cellaris. Its come in handy since she has broke her screen 3 times. However last time they fixed her HOME button which wasn't working and used a 3rd party part which has now messed up the audio on her phone. She had an old crappy I phone 6. She is now getting a phone upgrade and she will be using the case I choose and she is paying for any breaks
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:26 am Holy Sh*t! Not sure how old you are but do you remember the character, "Bad Luck Schleprock" from the Flintstones? Trouble followed this poor guy everywhere! This part sounds like one of his episodes! Hope your fractured elbow healed quickly! :(

[media] [/media]

Love the Flintstones. I don't remember this episode right off. It did heal. Couldn't drive for a week. The incident happened in 2012.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

The fractured elbow sounded painful! I cringed when I initially read your story. I'm glad you're all healed! :)
MistressMonster wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:45 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:26 am Holy Sh*t! Not sure how old you are but do you remember the character, "Bad Luck Schleprock" from the Flintstones? Trouble followed this poor guy everywhere! This part sounds like one of his episodes! Hope your fractured elbow healed quickly! :(

[media] [/media]

Love the Flintstones. I don't remember this episode right off. It did heal. Couldn't drive for a week. The incident happened in 2012.
Locked Previous topicNext topic