As long as you are both consenting adults.....

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t care what others do.

I dated a guy about 15 years older than me once. We were in different stages of life, it did not work out. I think I could easily date someone 10 years younger now, as I feel younger than my age, I believe. But I wouldn’t to date anyone in older age in retirement.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It is my way of staying single. I absolutely would not ever go back into the dating world by keeping that type of standard. I know it sounds crazy, but after 28 years with Dh, I would set crazy standards that would ensure being single.

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:31 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 pm Dh is only 4 months younger than me so that would probably be my limit.. I would not be able to date someone my parents' age as they are in their 70's.. no thanks.
You are really saying some odd replies today. If you suddenly found yourself in the dating world 4 months would be your limit? I mean really?
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have been with my husband for 28 years. I have never been single. We started dating when we were 16 and that was all she wrote. If something were to happen to DH while the girls are still living in my home, I would never bring another man home. Ever. I have zero desire to ever be with anyone else. Setting crazy standards ensures that I stay single since I have no desire to ever date if I were to find myself single one day. Of course, I also don't know any single men so there is that too. LOL

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:34 pm Why do you need to ensure you would stay single?? Of course a happily married woman thinks she would never date again if something happened but why do you need to ensure it?
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 pm It would ensure that I stay single if anything ever happened to him. I have zero desire to ever be with anyone else if something happened to my marriage. In all honesty, I don't know any single men to begin with so it wouldn't be an issue. Everyone I know is happily married. I certainly would not go for somone my mother's age since she is 70. No thank you.

HanSolo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Four months older or younger than you is your limit? Lol.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 7

Unread post

For me it's less about age and more about the person. I've dated people who were almost 12 years older than me. I wouldn't go much younger than myself because being with younger guys has always weirded me out.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If they're young enough to be my son or old enough to be my father, no. However I do have a friend who likes younger men. Whatever makes you happy I say.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Whether or not I think the age difference is weird has a lot to do with how old the younger person in the pair is.

For instance, I might not think it's odd for a 30 year old woman to be with a 45 year old man. But I might would think it's a little creepy for a 32 year old man to be dating a 17 year old girl.

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm I don’t care what others do.

I dated a guy about 15 years older than me once. We were in different stages of life, it did not work out. I think I could easily date someone 10 years younger now, as I feel younger than my age, I believe. But I wouldn’t to date anyone in older age in retirement.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m almost 42
39 is the youngest and 50 is the oldest.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:22 pm Whether or not I think the age difference is weird has a lot to do with how old the younger person in the pair is.

For instance, I might not think it's odd for a 30 year old woman to be with a 45 year old man. But I might would think it's a little creepy for a 32 year old man to be dating a 17 year old girl.

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm I don’t care what others do.

Sure that makes sense in our current culture. In past decades, parents arranged that crazy! It’s mind-boggling!
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:53 pm Is age really just a number. If you are/were single would you date someone old enough to be your parent? Young enough for you to be their mother?

What is your age range?

I was having this conversation with a few friends and one of them said as long as you are both consenting adults age doesn't matter. I disagree. I am 38 and could never see myself with someone younger than 30 and that's pushing it. And I could see myself with someone 50-52 but no older.

What is your opinion?
NEVER! I would never date someone more than 5yrs older.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

No and hell no.
Im not a child predator or want a parental like sugar daddy, both are disgusting.
My preference is 5 to 8 years older than me
Locked Previous topicNext topic