As long as you are both consenting adults.....

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:55 pm Well I am ten years older than my husband, we have married for 30 years. I think it's about being on the same page not age
This right here. Hubby was older than me by about 20 years. We got along great. Had a great 21 year marriage. It'd be 26 years this year, if he hadn't passed away.

ETA: I prefer older guys personally.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I think what matters is that you can relate to one another. Age differences can be a problem for some couples but for others, not so much.

That said, I would not want to date someone old enough to be my father or young enough to be my child.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 pm Dh is only 4 months younger than me so that would probably be my limit.. I would not be able to date someone my parents' age as they are in their 70's.. no thanks.
Four months older or younger than you is your limit? Lol.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

For some people being older or younger works. I personally wouldn’t go more than 2-3 yrs older and never younger.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like my age or a few yrs younger.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It would ensure that I stay single if anything ever happened to him. I have zero desire to ever be with anyone else if something happened to my marriage. In all honesty, I don't know any single men to begin with so it wouldn't be an issue. Everyone I know is happily married. I certainly would not go for somone my mother's age since she is 70. No thank you.

HanSolo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:12 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 pm Dh is only 4 months younger than me so that would probably be my limit.. I would not be able to date someone my parents' age as they are in their 70's.. no thanks.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As you said, as long as everyone is of legal age and on the same page why not?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

You are really saying some odd replies today. If you suddenly found yourself in the dating world 4 months would be your limit? I mean really?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Why do you need to ensure you would stay single?? Of course a happily married woman thinks she would never date again if something happened but why do you need to ensure it?
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 pm It would ensure that I stay single if anything ever happened to him. I have zero desire to ever be with anyone else if something happened to my marriage. In all honesty, I don't know any single men to begin with so it wouldn't be an issue. Everyone I know is happily married. I certainly would not go for somone my mother's age since she is 70. No thank you.

HanSolo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:12 pm
AsstChief
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

In my lifetime I've dated much younger men and much older men (not at the same time). I agree, age is just a number and a preference.
Locked Previous topicNext topic