As long as you are both consenting adults.....

silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I am 37 and I am dating a 48 year old. As long as they both consenting adults, I don't care about peoples age
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My husband is 7 years older than I am. I think if I was single, I wouldn't be comfortable dating someone who is significantly younger than me. I'm 44 and the thought of dating someone in their thirties or younger gives me the creeps for some reason. If I were to find myself single,I can't imagine turning into a cougar. I have a friend who is 52 and looks a lot younger than her age and she's a total cougar. Most of the guys she goes out with / has S*x with, are several years younger than she is and she has a 28 year old f**k buddy that she calls when she needs to scratch an itch lol.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 am I'm just gonna comment on your last sentence. Hear! Hear!

Mommy_jules wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:59 am What other consenting adults do is none of my business. That said I don’t think I could date a man younger than me, at least not someone more than 2-3 years younger. I’m 32, and dating someone in their early 20s just seems weird to me. I probably could go 10 or so years older than me. Hopefully I’ll never have to deal with dating again, though.
I told my husband that if something happens to him, I am not dating again. I know I would never find someone who treats me as well as he does and I don't want the drama that goes along with dating. I'll just get a vibrator and call it done.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My Dh is a 1.5 yrs younger than me. IF I was to become single again, I really don’t foresee me dating someone who’s significantly younger or older than myself. It’s not so much age per se but the combination of life experiences and what place I may be in life.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dh is 17 years older than me. We've been together for 25 years. For us, our ages aren't an issue.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:52 pm No and hell no.
Im not a child predator or want a parental like sugar daddy, both are disgusting.
My preference is 5 to 8 years older than me

That is such an ignorant statement. It makes offensive assumptions about a relationship between two adults.
Not as ignorant as your statement. Its my preference and my opinion, IDGAF what you think about it. My statement still stands
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I probably would not date much older I am already 47 but I will do younger if the guy has his shit together. 35-50 is my age range. I would date a guy in his 20's again if he was VERY mature and had his shit together.

My good friend is 62 and her husband is 35-36. They have been together for about 5-6 years and got married 2 years ago.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:55 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:52 pm No and hell no.
Im not a child predator or want a parental like sugar daddy, both are disgusting.
My preference is 5 to 8 years older than me

That is such an ignorant statement. It makes offensive assumptions about a relationship between two adults.
Not as ignorant as your statement. Its my preference and my opinion, IDGAF what you think about it. My statement still stands

You are ignorant if you think marrying a younger adult makes someone a predator or marrying an older man means someone is looking for a sugar daddy. The asinine sugar daddy assumption is sexist as hell.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:07 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 am I'm just gonna comment on your last sentence. Hear! Hear!

Mommy_jules wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:59 am What other consenting adults do is none of my business. That said I don’t think I could date a man younger than me, at least not someone more than 2-3 years younger. I’m 32, and dating someone in their early 20s just seems weird to me. I probably could go 10 or so years older than me. Hopefully I’ll never have to deal with dating again, though.
I told my husband that if something happens to him, I am not dating again. I know I would never find someone who treats me as well as he does and I don't want the drama that goes along with dating. I'll just get a vibrator and call it done.
I know hubby had told me to find happiness again after his passing. Maybe I will some day. But it's been almost 5 years, and I don't know. He set the bar so high, and pickings are very slim around here. I really miss the closeness in general.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Age doesn’t usually bother me, but this one creeps me out. Didn’t you start dating when you were a late teen or something?
KendallsMom wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 pm Dh is 17 years older than me. We've been together for 25 years. For us, our ages aren't an issue.
Locked Previous topicNext topic