Are you f-ing serious ETA

AsstChief
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Pick your battles carefully. Is this the hill you want to die on?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I pick my battles...the bedroom of my youngest is not one of them. I tell her to pick it up and shut her door so I don't have to see whatever she leaves out. It works for me. I have faith that one day she will not be a slob.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not much of a help. Basically if it looks like a hoarder lives in there I tell yds to clean. Otherwise I shut the door. Now ods I got him to keep his room clean by gathering up the mess and throwing his stuff in the garage. But those tactics don't work on the younger son. Compromising is better for him.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You must be my TWIN. This!
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:53 pm The only rule I ever had for my 5 was, do not leave food, dishes, or cups in your room.

I just closed their doors. It seemed to take care of itself as they got older. I did not replace anything that they broke, lost, or ruined. Your room, your stuff, your problem. If they wanted someone to sleep over, the only thing I would say is "if your room is clean the way I would clean it, no problem"

It was never a line in the sand for me.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:49 pm I would be no help because I've never had that rule for myself. Only when we've had the house on the market and it needed to be show-ready at a moments notice have I had everything picked up every time I leave the house.

So yeah, I can empathize with your DD more than I can with you. ;)
This. I've never sold a house as this current one is the first time I've owned, but that would be the only time when I would insist on my son keeping his room neat. I don't care what goes on in his room. He spends his time in it, I don't. To me, that's his own personal space and he can keep it as he likes. If he likes it messy, then it's messy.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Get used to it. Just repeat after me... only 7 more years.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

With my kids the rule is that I'm not picking up anything. They don't clean up, they don't go anywhere. They are grounded to their room until it's clean.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Close her door...as long as no food/cups/utensils are in there to attract bugs/rodents....

She WILL get tired of it eventually and start keeping things neater, especially if you don't rescue her on lost or broken crap, due to the condition of her room....

Hazardous is one thing --- just messy is another
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Close the door & allow her to keep her space the way she wants other than allowing food & trash.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I would get garbage bags and put everything in the bags. She gets NOTHING back until her attitude and disgusting habits change. The next step would be to remove her door and strip her room, leaving her bed and 7 sets of the oldest ugliest clothes she has.
Locked Previous topicNext topic