Mother of son with Down syndrome sues hospital, would've had abortion

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 pm Yes we are judging because she is a total asshole.

she declined he test and even if she took it they are not 100% accurate anyways.

MommyTutu wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:01 am Judgemental much? These parents need financial help to care for a child that has special needs they weren't expecting. Saying she would have aborted if she'd been offered the proper testing doesn't mean she wishes he was dead. If she really wasn't offered the test and it was marked down as declined, that's a huge failure and they should be financially accountable.
water<wine wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm she declined, her problem. screenings are optional. good to know she wishes her child were dead though. poor kid, hopefully he has loving grandparents.
Isn’t the amnio accurate? I chose not to have the test and nothing was written down, I’m not in the UK though.

My friends daughter has Down’s syndrome. They are a wealthy family and still had govt early intervention, preschool, public school, respite care paid for, health insurance paid for health problems. They have set aside money for her long term care but there are homes for adults with Down’s syndrome. I don’t know where she came up with that amount of money.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I feel so sad for that child. One day he will understand his mother would have chose to abort him if she had known he was the way he is. That has to be some slap in the face for that kid!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't imagine being in that position and I'm relieved that I wasn't.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The test has a high level of accuracy at 98%-99% of diagnostic testing that detects chromosome abnormalities, neural tube defects and genetic disorders. But this test does not measure the severity of the tested birth defects. So you can have a mild Downe's or very severe. An ultrasound, which would also happen if amnio positive would give better view of severity if there is pathology involved, like cardiac dev issues, brain lobe issues, anatomical issues , etc.
Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:52 pm
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 pm Yes we are judging because she is a total asshole.

she declined he test and even if she took it they are not 100% accurate anyways.

MommyTutu wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:01 am Judgemental much? These parents need financial help to care for a child that has special needs they weren't expecting. Saying she would have aborted if she'd been offered the proper testing doesn't mean she wishes he was dead. If she really wasn't offered the test and it was marked down as declined, that's a huge failure and they should be financially accountable.

Isn’t the amnio accurate? I chose not to have the test and nothing was written down, I’m not in the UK though.

My friends daughter has Down’s syndrome. They are a wealthy family and still had govt early intervention, preschool, public school, respite care paid for, health insurance paid for health problems. They have set aside money for her long term care but there are homes for adults with Down’s syndrome. I don’t know where she came up with that amount of money.
Locked Previous topicNext topic