The prosecutor who helped cut Jeffrey Epstein's ultra-lenient plea deal for S*x crimes is now Trump's labor secretary

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... lain-sight

Acosta was told to back off of Epstein, that he belonged to some Intelligence agency.
I don't know if that is true, or not, but that is what he says. What if he is telling the truth? Is that so hard to believe?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pm https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... lain-sight

Acosta was told to back off of Epstein, that he belonged to some Intelligence agency.
I don't know if that is true, or not, but that is what he says. What if he is telling the truth? Is that so hard to believe?
If that’s the truth, why won’t Acosta publicly name the person who told him that so they can be held accountable, rather than spread the lame, unbelievable narrative that a pathetic 13 months of 12-hour days in prison was the best he could do against a rich, well connected person accused human trafficking and child rape? And that also wouldn’t explain why he violated the victim’s rights by not informing them of his pathetic plea agreement.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:03 pm
29again wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pm https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... lain-sight

If that’s the truth, why won’t Acosta publicly name the person who told him that so they can be held accountable, rather than spread the lame, unbelievable narrative that a pathetic 13 months of 12-hour days in prison was the best he could do against a rich, well connected person accused human trafficking and child rape? And that also wouldn’t explain why he violated the victim’s rights by not informing them of his pathetic plea agreement.
I wasn't there, I don't KNOW what happened, any more than you do. Unless, of course, you are a federal prosecutor and know how alllll this stuff works. Is it conceivable that Acosta was told to back off? I think it is conceivable, so I'm not so ready to cast doubt on every word the man says just because he works for President Trump. I am simply reading all I can about it, and this is part of it. One small little fact in a big huge case to be considered.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:23 pm

I wasn't there, I don't KNOW what happened, any more than you do. Unless, of course, you are a federal prosecutor and know how alllll this stuff works. Is it conceivable that Acosta was told to back off? I think it is conceivable, so I'm not so ready to cast doubt on every word the man says just because he works for President Trump. I am simply reading all I can about it, and this is part of it. One small little fact in a big huge case to be considered.
I know what all of the facts revealed so far state, and Acosta hasn’t refuted them with any of his own. If that was the case, why not name the person who told him to back off so they could explain their rationale and reasoning? And again, how would it explain why he violated the victim’s rights? And why would someone who let a S*x trafficking, child rapist off with a slap on the wrist because he was blindly following orders be the best person to lead the Department of Labor, which includes anti-human trafficking oversight?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The article goes on to say it wasn’t true.

The worse part about this this disgusting man is how many people were aware of what he was doing and either turned a blind eye or assisted him. One of defense attorneys, Dershowitz, was a guest and guest at Epstein’s who apparently partook in these massages. It’s impossible to believe that Trump and Clinton were guests at Epstein’s and didn’t see what was right under their noses.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:12 pm

The worse part about this this disgusting man is how many people were aware of what he was doing and either turned a blind eye or assisted him. One of defense attorneys, Dershowitz, was a guest and guest at Epstein’s who apparently partook in these massages. It’s impossible to believe that Trump and Clinton were guests at Epstein’s and didn’t see what was right under their noses.
I read to the end of the article I posted, and never came across anything that indicated that what Acosta said was not true. Yes, the whole thing is disgusting, and I think it may be just the tip of the iceberg.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:39 pm

I know what all of the facts revealed so far state, and Acosta hasn’t refuted them with any of his own. If that was the case, why not name the person who told him to back off so they could explain their rationale and reasoning? And again, how would it explain why he violated the victim’s rights? And why would someone who let a S*x trafficking, child rapist off with a slap on the wrist because he was blindly following orders be the best person to lead the Department of Labor, which includes anti-human trafficking oversight?
TBH, I do have a theory about why he got the position he did... but you wouldn't believe me in a million years. So, I'll just go with I really don't know the answers to any of your questions.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:28 pm

I read to the end of the article I posted, and never came across anything that indicated that what Acosta said was not true. Yes, the whole thing is disgusting, and I think it may be just the tip of the iceberg.
Epstein didn’t belong to some intelligence agency so I take from that it wasn’t true. Plus why would that matter? The FBI did a thorough investigation which created a 53 page indictment on S*x crimes. Why would someone belonging to an “intelligence agency” matter.

And Acosta can’t really excuse away his breaking the law by keeping the agreement a secret from the victims who had the right to know.

I hope more women feel confident enough to come forward. There was a woman interviewed today that went to Epstein’s townhouse at age 14.

She was a beautiful teen ( pictures in article) and she was recruited outside of her school in his neighborhood. She was told Epstein could help her become a model. The first visits were just visiting and he gave her alcohol and $300. Massage requests came soon after with her in her underwear. When he requested to remove her underwear eventually she refused and he forced her and raped her.

She left and never went back. Too scared to face him ever again she never went to the police. That fear is often overlooked when people ask why women don’t report right away. The terror of seeing him again. She quit school because the school was in his neighborhood.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:32 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:39 pm

TBH, I do have a theory about why he got the position he did... but you wouldn't believe me in a million years. So, I'll just go with I really don't know the answers to any of your questions.
Whatever the reason he got the position, it’s disgusting but unsurprising Trump is keeping around someone who gave a a child rapist and S*x trafficker a slap on the wrist, with no good explanation as to why.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 pm
29again wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Epstein didn’t belong to some intelligence agency so I take from that it wasn’t true. Plus why would that matter? The FBI did a thorough investigation which created a 53 page indictment on S*x crimes. Why would someone belonging to an “intelligence agency” matter.

And Acosta can’t really excuse away his breaking the law by keeping the agreement a secret from the victims who had the right to know.

I hope more women feel confident enough to come forward. There was a woman interviewed today that went to Epstein’s townhouse at age 14.

She was a beautiful teen ( pictures in article) and she was recruited outside of her school in his neighborhood. She was told Epstein could help her become a model. The first visits were just visiting and he gave her alcohol and $300. Massage requests came soon after with her in her underwear. When he requested to remove her underwear eventually she refused and he forced her and raped her.

She left and never went back. Too scared to face him ever again she never went to the police. That fear is often overlooked when people ask why women don’t report right away. The terror of seeing him again. She quit school because the school was in his neighborhood.
How sure are you that he didn't belong to an intelligence agency, or that he claimed to belong to one??
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic