Debate this

Anonymous 2

Unread post

So how far can we go with this against my religion thing. Is it OK for a pharmacist to refuse to fill a script for birth control or the abortion pill if its against their religion? Is it OK for the clerk to refuse to give a marriage license to a gay person if it's against their religion?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, because as I said, it has nothing to do with equality. If instead of being an entitled butthurt, she had the interest to educate herself, ask about it and realize that it has nothing to do with him not seeing her as an equal, then maybe there’s no need to get hostile.
As I said, an Orthodox Jewish woman would also refuse to shake a man’s hand. Would you say she’s not seeing him as her equal?
It is HER prejudice and HER unwillingness to respect a different religion that’s creating a hostile environment.
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:31 pm Like I have already stated, if she is uncomfortable around this man because he refuses to treat her as an equal, he is creating a hostile work environment. And that has nothing to do with religious preference, which doesn't belong in a diverse work environment to begin with.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:47 am He isn’t creating the hostile environment, she is. She could be more tolerant about other people’s religions. Voila! Problem solved.
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not providing medical treatment harms another person. Gay marriage is now legal and therefore a right.
So... who is this guy harming and what right is he stepping on?

So to answer your question, that’s how far you can go. If someone else’s religious practices aren’t hurting you or taking rights away from you, the fact that you find them offensive is irrelevant. Be tolerant and respect HIS right to freedom of religion.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:33 pm So how far can we go with this against my religion thing. Is it OK for a pharmacist to refuse to fill a script for birth control or the abortion pill if its against their religion? Is it OK for the clerk to refuse to give a marriage license to a gay person if it's against their religion?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:43 pm No, because as I said, it has nothing to do with equality. If instead of being an entitled butthurt, she had the interest to educate herself, ask about it and realize that it has nothing to do with him not seeing her as an equal, then maybe there’s no need to get hostile.
As I said, an Orthodox Jewish woman would also refuse to shake a man’s hand. Would you say she’s not seeing him as her equal?
It is HER prejudice and HER unwillingness to respect a different religion that’s creating a hostile environment.
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:31 pm Like I have already stated, if she is uncomfortable around this man because he refuses to treat her as an equal, he is creating a hostile work environment. And that has nothing to do with religious preference, which doesn't belong in a diverse work environment to begin with.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:47 am He isn’t creating the hostile environment, she is. She could be more tolerant about other people’s religions. Voila! Problem solved.

I was so hoping you would see this post and chime in. I almost kicked myself when I realized that yesterday was Saturday. Thank you so much for voicing your veiws in such an elequent way. For some odd reason I just couldnt put the words together. So once again Thank You.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:52 pm

So it can be argued that dhe is creating a hostile work envirorment by demanding he shake her hand knowing its against his religous beliefs. Freedom of religon doesnt disappear because of a building you are standing in....
True. It can go both ways. I am looking at this from my own work site experience, that being, you hang your religion up at the door when you clock in to work. These days religion and politics are taboo topics of discussion at work, which suits me fine.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, you don’t hang your religion up at the door while at work. If the man is Jewish, he’s Jewish everywhere. Same goes for Christians, Muslims, Buddhists or whatever religion you want to add. As I said, he’s not hurting anyone, or imposing his religion on anyone or stepping on anyone’s right, so why shouldn’t he follow his religious practices even at work?
Do you agree with those who say that Muslim women shouldn’t wear a hijab at work? Should Jewish men take off their yarmulke at work? Should people not be able to bring their own food when they have religious dietary restrictions because “they should check their religion at the door?”
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:01 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:52 pm

So it can be argued that dhe is creating a hostile work envirorment by demanding he shake her hand knowing its against his religous beliefs. Freedom of religon doesnt disappear because of a building you are standing in....
True. It can go both ways. I am looking at this from my own work site experience, that being, you hang your religion up at the door when you clock in to work. These days religion and politics are taboo topics of discussion at work, which suits me fine.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am assuming this man is an observant Jew. I don’t know if this is also a thing in Islam, TBH.
There is the misconception that this is about considering women “inferior” or some even believe, “dirty”. It’s nothing of the sort. It goes both ways. Jewish women are also not supposed to touch men outside their immediate family. I, for example, are a bit more lax and I do touch extended family, like cousins or uncles. Some don’t. And it has nothing to do with anyone being “inferior. It’s equality, but with our differences acknowledged and creating a separation between sexes to avoid further inappropriate conducts.
It’s actually one of the things that made me get closer to Judaism, the real equality that it encourages between the sexes. It’s not about one gender wanting to do what te other does, it’s about giving equal value to each of them, to their roles and their strengths.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:54 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:43 pm No, because as I said, it has nothing to do with equality. If instead of being an entitled butthurt, she had the interest to educate herself, ask about it and realize that it has nothing to do with him not seeing her as an equal, then maybe there’s no need to get hostile.

I was so hoping you would see this post and chime in. I almost kicked myself when I realized that yesterday was Saturday. Thank you so much for voicing your veiws in such an elequent way. For some odd reason I just couldnt put the words together. So once again Thank You.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 6

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
The hostile work environment could go both ways.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's not discrimination...

You're not entitled to touch someone else.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She is the only creating the problem.
Locked Previous topicNext topic