A woman with self respect does not have to completely depend on a man

Anonymous 1

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:47 pm So, you think that no person, who is on disability, could possibly have any self respect?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:39 pm If a person can not support themselves man or woman yes I do think they lack self respect.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:27 pm I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm sure there are plenty of women who may (by choice or because of a disability) be currently dependant on a man. I'd be willing to bet that there are also a few men out there in this exact boat.

Do you honestly believe that any man or woman who is dependant on the other totally lacks self respect or doesn't respect his/her kids?

I'm talking about able body/minded adults who are unable to support themselves
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't agree with you. I just think it is smart for every person to at least have the ability to self support. In my opinion, a person choosing to depend another does not make him or her a pathetic person.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:40 pm So you dont even disagree with me. Cool

I never said if someone makes a choice to stay home or whatever they are pathetic.... I am saying someone who HAS to depend on someone is pathetic.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:33 pm I will say that I do think it's in a woman's best interest to "self protect" by making sure she can survive on her own without a man so that in the event that she needs to, she can.

But if a couple agrees that one will work and the other won't, it in no way means that the non-working partner lacks self respect or that he or she is "pathetic." If the couple is happy with arrangement, so be it. Who am I to judge?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Elaborate on what?

A feel like a woman should be able to support herself. If she cant she is pathetic
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sounds a little better. But there are plenty of SAHP who choose to stay home, too. I don't think of them as pathetic. I think it's just a personal choice that is made by couples. As long as they are happy, I say good for the couple and their family.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:50 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:47 pm So, you think that no person, who is on disability, could possibly have any self respect?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:39 pm If a person can not support themselves man or woman yes I do think they lack self respect.

I'm talking about able body/minded adults who are unable to support themselves
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Try going back and rereading, even just the title

We are in agreement.

I am not talking about a choice made between a couple. I am talking about someone who HAS to completely depend on a man
SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:51 pm I don't agree with you. I just think it is smart for every person to at least have the ability to self support. In my opinion, a person choosing to depend another does not make him or her a pathetic person.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:40 pm So you dont even disagree with me. Cool

I never said if someone makes a choice to stay home or whatever they are pathetic.... I am saying someone who HAS to depend on someone is pathetic.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:33 pm I will say that I do think it's in a woman's best interest to "self protect" by making sure she can survive on her own without a man so that in the event that she needs to, she can.

But if a couple agrees that one will work and the other won't, it in no way means that the non-working partner lacks self respect or that he or she is "pathetic." If the couple is happy with arrangement, so be it. Who am I to judge?

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:18 pm A very close-minded statement. I'd love for you to elaborate.

Elaborate on what?

A feel like a woman should be able to support herself. If she cant she is pathetic
This
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Fascinating.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OK. I'm sorry. I do think people should be able to make it on their own. My response, though, was really not to your title but rather to your initial post statement of "If you cant even support yourself you dont respect yourself or your kids IMO." I took that to mean, "If you can't (aren't able to) support yourself, you lack self respect." And I really disagree with that. I think a person can be disabled and still maintain self respect and can still contribute to the family. That's all I was trying to say. :)

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:55 pm Try going back and rereading, even just the title

We are in agreement.

I am not talking about a choice made between a couple. I am talking about someone who HAS to completely depend on a man
SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:51 pm I don't agree with you. I just think it is smart for every person to at least have the ability to self support. In my opinion, a person choosing to depend another does not make him or her a pathetic person.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Elaborate on what?

There are exceptions. I've a friend so physically challenged she has no choice but depend on others. I also think all in all any able bodied, neuro-typical person can push a broom or care for a child if she had to. What is sad is a woman who believes she must depend on a man to survive. But Idk if it's pathetic. Stockholm syndrome and other psychological issues can come into play on that.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I assume you know what they say about opinions so I won't repeat it.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:19 pm I assume you know what they say about opinions so I won't repeat it.
Sometimes it bears repeating.
Locked Previous topicNext topic