A woman with self respect does not have to completely depend on a man

Anonymous 3

Unread post

A very close-minded statement. I'd love for you to elaborate.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:20 pm If you cant even support yourself you dont respect yourself or your kids IMO
8-)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:18 pm A very close-minded statement. I'd love for you to elaborate.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:20 pm If you cant even support yourself you dont respect yourself or your kids IMO
8-)
Elaborate on what?

A feel like a woman should be able to support herself. If she cant she is pathetic
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm sure there are plenty of women who may (by choice or because of a disability) be currently dependant on a man. I'd be willing to bet that there are also a few men out there in this exact boat.

Do you honestly believe that any man or woman who is dependant on the other totally lacks self respect or doesn't respect his/her kids?

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:20 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:18 pm A very close-minded statement. I'd love for you to elaborate.

8-)
Elaborate on what?

A feel like a woman should be able to support herself. If she cant she is pathetic
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why does it matter? If she is comfortable the way she is, why is she pathetic or lack self respect?
She lives a different life than the life you chose, Different isn't wrong, it is just different.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I will say that I do think it's in a woman's best interest to "self protect" by making sure she can survive on her own without a man so that in the event that she needs to, she can.

But if a couple agrees that one will work and the other won't, it in no way means that the non-working partner lacks self respect or that he or she is "pathetic." If the couple is happy with arrangement, so be it. Who am I to judge?

8-)
Elaborate on what?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If a person can not support themselves man or woman yes I do think they lack self respect.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:27 pm I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm sure there are plenty of women who may (by choice or because of a disability) be currently dependant on a man. I'd be willing to bet that there are also a few men out there in this exact boat.

Do you honestly believe that any man or woman who is dependant on the other totally lacks self respect or doesn't respect his/her kids?

Elaborate on what?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So you dont even disagree with me. Cool

I never said if someone makes a choice to stay home or whatever they are pathetic.... I am saying someone who HAS to depend on someone is pathetic.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:33 pm I will say that I do think it's in a woman's best interest to "self protect" by making sure she can survive on her own without a man so that in the event that she needs to, she can.

But if a couple agrees that one will work and the other won't, it in no way means that the non-working partner lacks self respect or that he or she is "pathetic." If the couple is happy with arrangement, so be it. Who am I to judge?

Elaborate on what?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm Why does it matter? If she is comfortable the way she is, why is she pathetic or lack self respect?
She lives a different life than the life you chose, Different isn't wrong, it is just different.
It is wrong for an adult to not be able to support themselves

Short of disabilities of course
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:41 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm Why does it matter? If she is comfortable the way she is, why is she pathetic or lack self respect?
It is wrong for an adult to not be able to support themselves

Short of disabilities of course
Your opinion on the subject doesn't make it a fact.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So, you think that no person, who is on disability, could possibly have any self respect?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:39 pm If a person can not support themselves man or woman yes I do think they lack self respect.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:27 pm I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm sure there are plenty of women who may (by choice or because of a disability) be currently dependant on a man. I'd be willing to bet that there are also a few men out there in this exact boat.

Elaborate on what?

Locked Previous topicNext topic