Shit my nurse said to me after giving birth

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:20 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:00 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:51 am If a nurse tried to give my newborn formula without my permission I would have her F***ing job.
They wouldn't fire a nurse over that no matter how much of a scene you made
The hospital would absolutely have to take action since the nurse assaulted a patient (the newborn), and I would absolutely make sure she was arrested following that assault.
Giving a bottle of formula is not assault and they would not arrest her. The most that would happen is she may get written up and it go into her file. I don't agree with it either but holy hell you're dramatic and even making things up.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:33 pm

The hospital would absolutely have to take action since the nurse assaulted a patient (the newborn), and I would absolutely make sure she was arrested following that assault.
They would laugh in your face. You could try to say it is battery but it would be a stretch... assault in the medical field involves threats. Unless the nurse threatened the baby before giving formula it would not be assault.
The legal definition of assault depends on the state (for example, in NY there is no such crime as battery - there is assault, which involves physical contact and there is menacing, which involves threats). The police can’t actually laugh in my face about this one. They have to make a report and process her. Now that doesn’t mean the district attorney would proceed, but I would certainly contact the local news with my police report in hand.
Where the hell does your definition even come close to applying here? She fed a newborn, and their job is to hold them. You could not have her arrested as this is part of her job.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:51 am If a nurse tried to give my newborn formula without my permission I would have her F***ing job.
Lmao@ Mommy badass.
This is a HUGE reach.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i woulda told her and her attitude to shove it the first time it appeared, and then request not to have her ever again
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They would laugh in your face. You could try to say it is battery but it would be a stretch... assault in the medical field involves threats. Unless the nurse threatened the baby before giving formula it would not be assault.
So if a nurse smacked the back of my head but didn't say she was going to do it before hand, ie a threat, then it's not assault?
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Congratulations!
Yah the nurse seems badly trained, not too smart.
But I’d just ignore it and concentrate on my new baby and just try to hurry home!
One bottle of formula wouldn’t be fatal.
I might mention that she is not accurate in many areas of obstetrics though. Usually each birth gets easier- just one example!
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Is that normal to not be given stronger meds after a csec? Tylenol is the least effective drug for pain. Was it because you're breastfeeding? I don't know what you can or can't take while bfing. But I know Tylenol wouldn't do shit for a stubbed toe let alone damn C-section and bowel surgery.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:15 pm

So if a nurse smacked the back of my head but didn't say she was going to do it before hand, ie a threat, then it's not assault?
Correct. It would be battery
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Giving a bottle of formula is not assault and they would not arrest her. The most that would happen is she may get written up and it go into her file. I don't agree with it either but holy hell you're dramatic and even making things up.
Yes! Feeding a baby is not assault!
🤣💕😆🤪
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:22 pm
Emandab wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Correct. It would be battery
Ah okay so we're just being petty over semantics, gotchya😉
Locked Previous topicNext topic