Shit my nurse said to me after giving birth

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:31 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:35 am
Ledina60 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 am
If that’s the case then I’m sure they are under the care of their doctor and they won’t have to worry about getting their prescribed medications.
Are you intentionally obtuse? Seriously? THAT'S the problem. People that are under doctors care, LIKE THE PERSON IN THE OP, can't get proper medication because of this "opioid crisis". Doctors are petrified to prescribe it, and they're cutting people off of it that need it to function. The government goes in and audits these doctors and hospitals now. They WANT doctors to take these people off of what they've been getting relief from, then fine them if they're not screwing with these people's meds. They absolutely DO have to worry about getting their prescribed medications. That's the problem.

People who are trying to remain on these drugs, the only thing that helps them, are being treated like they're drug seekers.

Do you pay attention at all, ever, to anything? Do you ever have any actual experience, or research anything before your mouth fires off about it?

Know what you speak of before you make your comments. Just because you've been on earth a long time doesn't make you capable of making sweeping generalizations on things you know absolutely nothing about.
did you read the CDC Announcement that the medical community is F***ing up and casting too wide of a net cracking down on opioid use? Like limiting or revoking opioids for cancer patients, surgical patients, sickle cell patients in a sickling crisis, abrupt tapering or discontinuation and basically screwing over chronic pain patients?
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2019 ... ioids.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/heal ... lines.html
Thank goodness Pink! Thank you very much for sharing that. I'm going to read it this evening. I've seen this effect 3 people I'm close to, one being my baby sister. Appreciate it! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 pm
water<wine wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Tylenol and Ibuprofen are sufficient pain relief medications.
I’ve had three children and some complicated oral surgery and I only took Tylenol or Ibuprofen. I was prescribed a pain med after oral surgery and after the first dose, I threw it out because it’s highly addictive and made me feel extremely weird.

Now I have arthritis and spinal stenosis which is painful but two Ibuprofen in the morning are good enough.
People don’t need anything stronger and they can easily avoid addiction.
lol, you think the pain level of oral surgery compares to having your gut and uterus sliced open and your entrails moved around? NO. dont sit there and tell others what pain meds are "sufficient".
My middle daughter had three c-sections and she didn’t need opioids. My other daughter has had several gynecological surgeries and refused to take prescription medications that her doctor wanted to prescribe.
It’s just a matter of how strong you are. Opioid addIction is way too common. Too many people give in, give up and get hooked.
Is your name Allinda? You sound like my nurse from that day. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Did your daughters have bowel surgery right after their c-sections, then a large bleed/clot by their incision? My hemoglobin levels dropped to half of what it should be and i required 2 units of blood because of the bleed. My whole lower abdomen and pelvis are swollen from the bleed. This pain is still nothing compared to my last c-section, where I developed an internal infection causing the uterine incision to reopen and had a pulmonary embolism. Just because you and your family have never needed anything stronger than the sugar pill that is Tylenol, doesn’t mean no one else does. When you experience pain that makes you want to abandon your body and can literally make you insane and make it impossible to function, then maybe you can have an opinion on opioids.

PS: I’ve been on opioids multiple times in my life. For up to 6 weeks at a time, and have never been addicted. Opioids themselves are not the problem. It is when they’re misused or are prescribed improperly.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 pm
water<wine wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 pm

lol, you think the pain level of oral surgery compares to having your gut and uterus sliced open and your entrails moved around? NO. dont sit there and tell others what pain meds are "sufficient".
My middle daughter had three c-sections and she didn’t need opioids. My other daughter has had several gynecological surgeries and refused to take prescription medications that her doctor wanted to prescribe.
It’s just a matter of how strong you are. Opioid addIction is way too common. Too many people give in, give up and get hooked.
Is your name Allinda? You sound like my nurse from that day. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Did your daughters have bowel surgery right after their c-sections, then a large bleed/clot by their incision? My hemoglobin levels dropped to half of what it should be and i required 2 units of blood because of the bleed. My whole lower abdomen and pelvis are swollen from the bleed. This pain is still nothing compared to my last c-section, where I developed an internal infection causing the uterine incision to reopen and had a pulmonary embolism. Just because you and your family have never needed anything stronger than the sugar pill that is Tylenol, doesn’t mean no one else does. When you experience pain that makes you want to abandon your body and can literally make you insane and make it impossible to function, then maybe you can have an opinion on opioids.

PS: I’ve been on opioids multiple times in my life. For up to 6 weeks at a time, and have never been addicted. Opioids themselves are not the problem. It is when they’re misused or are prescribed improperly.
In happy you are not addicted.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:50 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:52 pm
I love you!
💋💋💋
Okay....
So, you need a drug and your Doctor won’t prescribe it? Is that why you are so angry and off the rails here?
Who's off the rails? I've watched my sister get put through the mill since this all started. I'm pointing out to you that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

And it does make me angry watching her suffer and get yanked around with her meds and end up bedridden for the summer last year because she's so crippled she can't move. Every month she has to scramble, then her dosage gets messed with.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:53 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 am
If that’s the case then I’m sure they are under the care of their doctor and they won’t have to worry about getting their prescribed medications.
Are you intentionally obtuse? Seriously? THAT'S the problem. People that are under doctors care, LIKE THE PERSON IN THE OP, can't get proper medication because of this "opioid crisis". Doctors are petrified to prescribe it, and they're cutting people off of it that need it to function. The government goes in and audits these doctors and hospitals now. They WANT doctors to take these people off of what they've been getting relief from, then fine them if they're not screwing with these people's meds. They absolutely DO have to worry about getting their prescribed medications. That's the problem.

People who are trying to remain on these drugs, the only thing that helps them, are being treated like they're drug seekers.

Do you pay attention at all, ever, to anything? Do you ever have any actual experience, or research anything before your mouth fires off about it?

Know what you speak of before you make your comments. Just because you've been on earth a long time doesn't make you capable of making sweeping generalizations on things you know absolutely nothing about.
Then perhaps you can blamed Purdue or however the name is spelled who's being sued for not disclosing the fact they KNEW how addictive opiods were and hid that fact in the name of profit. They aren't the only ones getting sued either. Of course doctors are now hesitant to prescribe the stuff. Can you blame them?
Doctors weren't hesitant to prescribe them until someone decided there was an "opioid crisis". The prescription opioid was lumped in with the epidemic of heroin overdoses in recent times. The government took that opportunity to be up the ass of the doctors.

Do you want to know why? Auditing and subsequently finding reasons to fine doctors and hospitals is a 300% return on investment revenue stream for our government. 300%. EVERYTHING comes down to money and NO-ONE cares who suffers in the wake of the disasters created.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Then perhaps you can blamed Purdue or however the name is spelled who's being sued for not disclosing the fact they KNEW how addictive opiods were and hid that fact in the name of profit. They aren't the only ones getting sued either. Of course doctors are now hesitant to prescribe the stuff. Can you blame them?
Doctors weren't hesitant to prescribe them until someone decided there was an "opioid crisis". The prescription opioid was lumped in with the epidemic of heroin overdoses in recent times. The government took that opportunity to be up the ass of the doctors.

Do you want to know why? Auditing and subsequently finding reasons to fine doctors and hospitals is a 300% return on investment revenue stream for our government. 300%. EVERYTHING comes down to money and NO-ONE cares who suffers in the wake of the disasters created.
It is about money no question. But I don't think this crisis is manufactured. From what I'm hearing the Purdue family- they make opiods- knew the addictive nature of them and hid it. Told doctors there was nothing to be afraid of and gave them incentives to prescribe them. Now there are lawsuits about this against Purdue and others. I'm sorry about your sister. I truly think if you need the medication so much that addiction is the least of your problems you should get the drug. I also think drug companies need to answer for their role in all of this.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When she walked in while you were breastfeeding, why did you let her take the baby from you? I won't have let her until I was done.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nothing like that, I'm very sorry that happened to you.

With DD- she constantly told me my daughter's name was spelled wrong. It's Isabelle. She insisted nonstop it's never been spelled that way. Same nurse asked my husband if he was sure he was the "baby daddy" twice.

DS- I was having a difficult time getting him to latch and it she told me if I couldn't breastfeed him, she'd call CPS. I demanded a different nurse and made it clear she was not to set foot any where near me or my child. The extremely nice lactation consultant told me she tries to guilt people into breastfeeding and think people who are having issues with it are faking it.

DS2- I hemorrhaged with him and one nurse told me I was probably going to die. My OB lost her shit on her, never saw her again, and we were apologized to by the charge nurse.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

OMG
Those are some crazy nurses!
I’m so sorry that happened to you.
Having babies is supposed to be a joyful experience. They tried to spoil it for you.
Not good!
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:31 pm Nothing like that, I'm very sorry that happened to you.

With DD- she constantly told me my daughter's name was spelled wrong. It's Isabelle. She insisted nonstop it's never been spelled that way. Same nurse asked my husband if he was sure he was the "baby daddy" twice.

DS- I was having a difficult time getting him to latch and it she told me if I couldn't breastfeed him, she'd call CPS. I demanded a different nurse and made it clear she was not to set foot any where near me or my child. The extremely nice lactation consultant told me she tries to guilt people into breastfeeding and think people who are having issues with it are faking it.

DS2- I hemorrhaged with him and one nurse told me I was probably going to die. My OB lost her shit on her, never saw her again, and we were apologized to by the charge nurse.
Locked Previous topicNext topic