I hate spectrum and wish they weren't our only option for internet.

Anon

Unread post

WickedLauraBelle wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 pm I HATE THEM TOO!!! I wish FIOS could or would come to the area.
Me too, in our Walmart 10 mins away they would always have people talking about and selling fios internet and I was disappointed to learn it wasn't available in my area but it was a few towns over.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anon wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:19 pm
WickedLauraBelle wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 pm I HATE THEM TOO!!! I wish FIOS could or would come to the area.
Me too, in our Walmart 10 mins away they would always have people talking about and selling fios internet and I was disappointed to learn it wasn't available in my area but it was a few towns over.
Since they have the fiber-optic cable or something that needs to be dug under ground is why they can’t just have it everywhere I guess. So my understanding is that it needs to be approved by certain counties? If anyone has any more information it would be appreciated. I Would love to figure out how to get FiOS in my area
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

For a LONG time Xfinity had the monopoly in our city but as the city grew (and so rapidly!) we eventually got Centurylink fiber and now we're getting a tv network called Philo. All expensive btw.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

For 16 years we had DSL through Suckylink. It was terrible service and barely any speed. When I called them in 2016 to see if they could offer anything faster. They told me it wasn't an option in our neighbourhood. I didn't want Xfinity because we ditched cable ages ago. Didn't want to go back. So called a local company for my service. After they hooked us up, called Suckylink and cancelled the DSL. I had fun telling them the reason why. The lady tried to tell me it was required to be kept because of the phone line. Told her we had the number years before getting our DSL service.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Never heard of them

Unread post

But I'm going to look into it after reading this. https://www.reviews.org/internet-servic ... et-review/
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have spectrum when we first transferred over from time Warner I called them because I saw their prices online were quite a bit cheaper compared to what we were paying. They said everyone that was time Warner before their rates were grandfathered in and you have to call and request to be changed onto a spectrum plan. They switched us over and gave us an upgrade to our cable for 50 less than we were paying. Now we have all the premium channels and the fastest speed in our area which is a joke at 100 mbps we barely get 30 mbps on a good day. Before the change we were supposed to get 50mbps and got 70-75. Yesterday I checked our speeds and it was 18 mbps when were paying for 100 yeah it's time to call and complain again. We pay $220 for cable and internet. Spectrum also monopolized our area the only other option here is frontier and everyone complains about them lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic