Whose fault is this?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kids have alarm keychains on their backpacks. It makes me feel better that they can get an adult's attention quickly if there is a problem. Probably and hopefully they will never need them, but it's there if they do. They know they are for emergencies only and you have to pull out a pin while hitting a button in order to sound the screech, so it's not something that would be accidentally set off from dropping their bag on the floor or something.
During gym class a child went into the locker room to use the restroom, started playing with my seven year old son's keychains (backpacks are kept in cubbies during gym for the younger kids), and set off the alarm.
Should:
a) my kids not be allowed to bring their alarm key chains to school anymore
or
b) the child should learn to keep their hands off of other people's things without asking

by the way, it isn't the teacher who is saying my kids shouldn't have them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Are they not allowed at the school? Our schools have a list of items that he kids are NOT allowed to bring to school regardless of the circumstance
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The kid needs to keep his hands off things that don't belong to him. Next he'll be rifling through the backpacks if this isn't nipped in the bud.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 pm Are they not allowed at the school? Our schools have a list of items that he kids are NOT allowed to bring to school regardless of the circumstance
There's no rule against them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

They shouldn't be allowed to bring them to school any more because many students are now going to be tempted to set off the alarms.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Who is saying they shouldn't have them?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 pm Are they not allowed at the school? Our schools have a list of items that he kids are NOT allowed to bring to school regardless of the circumstance
There's no rule against them.
Then the kid needs to be punished for touching their property
Loves2sonshines
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Where are they wearing their backpacks besides school that you aren't there at age 7?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The issue here is the little brat who went rifling through the backpacks. He needs serious consequences, like suspension consequences.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 pm They shouldn't be allowed to bring them to school any more because many students are now going to be tempted to set off the alarms.
You can’t be serious 🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic