I walked out of work because one of the managers said something rude to me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:36 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 pm

I agree. I don't like that comment at all. But i probably wouldn't have walked off the job. Just filed a complaint with HR. It is rude. It is derogatory. Definitely a HR violation.
My happy ass woikd have been marching straight into HRs office and filing a complaint.
HR doesnt care. I have filed so many complaints and nothing has been done.
Then you take it to corporate. Then you walk out.
There is no corporate
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t blame you.
Loves2sonshines
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:43 pm
Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:35 pm

How exactly? What else would you suggest I do?

I have tried calling him out on it. I have reported him countless times. Just because I was unwilling to put up with his disrespect doesnt mean I am immature.
Where do you work that HR completely ignores this? It's 2019 I highly doubt you're complaining and they're ignoring you. Companies are afraid of a lawsuit.
Creating a hostile work environment is a major offence . And the next time he does that, You tell him, your HR and your local
News station or hire a lawyer. What he's doing is wrong.
But since there are two sides to every story...maybe you need to pick up the pace and work harder.
This manager is related to the owners. He has said worst things to others even and they havent done anything. I am hoping someone sues because I honestly think that will be the only way that they will get rid of him.

I wasnt actually being slow.
Nepotism is also illegal. Call a lawyer.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:43 pm
Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Where do you work that HR completely ignores this? It's 2019 I highly doubt you're complaining and they're ignoring you. Companies are afraid of a lawsuit.
Creating a hostile work environment is a major offence . And the next time he does that, You tell him, your HR and your local
News station or hire a lawyer. What he's doing is wrong.
But since there are two sides to every story...maybe you need to pick up the pace and work harder.
This manager is related to the owners. He has said worst things to others even and they havent done anything. I am hoping someone sues because I honestly think that will be the only way that they will get rid of him.

I wasnt actually being slow.
Nepotism is also illegal. Call a lawyer.
I dont want to waste my time, money, or energy on a lawyer. If they fire me over it oh well I will go somewhere else.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I have heard far worse than the autistic comment, so no I don't think it is rude. I would have said something to the man, instead of walking out. But of you were working slow enough for him to make a comment, maybe your production level wasn't where it was supposed to be, and it was time for you to go anyways. Only problem with you walking out, is you can't collect unemployment
It was an extremely offensive comment. He doesn’t know if she has members in the family who are autistic or not. He was using a disability in a derogatory way. No different than calling her retarded in a derogatory way. He just used a different disability. He should know better. This is not how supervisors should act.
I agree. I don't like that comment at all. But i probably wouldn't have walked off the job. Just filed a complaint with HR. It is rude. It is derogatory. Definitely a HR violation.
My happy ass woikd have been marching straight into HRs office and filing a complaint.
I guess for me it would depend on how much I valued my job. If it wasn’t a job I valued I wouldn’t care. If it was a job I liked and wanted to continue I would have stayed and went to HR for sure. I wouldn’t have let it slide either way.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:36 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 pm

It was an extremely offensive comment. He doesn’t know if she has members in the family who are autistic or not. He was using a disability in a derogatory way. No different than calling her retarded in a derogatory way. He just used a different disability. He should know better. This is not how supervisors should act.
HR doesnt care. I have filed so many complaints and nothing has been done.
In that case I would quit. The hell with them.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I personally think you were immature and unprofessional. This is not how grown adults should handle situations. Just because he was wrong and an ass does not make your actions to the situation any better. If you don't like your job, you give two weeks notice and don't burn bridges.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would have said "No, does being a jackass run in yours?" and went back to work.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:32 am I personally think you were immature and unprofessional. This is not how grown adults should handle situations. Just because he was wrong and an ass does not make your actions to the situation any better. If you don't like your job, you give two weeks notice and don't burn bridges.
Why would I give my two week notice? That doesn't even make sense
Anonymous 1

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:19 am I would have said "No, does being a jackass run in yours?" and went back to work.
That would have only resulted in more verbal abuse. He will follow you around just to say more rude things if you talk back to him
Locked Previous topicNext topic