My first world whine of the day

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:37 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:30 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm

I think it’s limiting the amount that is available to her.
But why? Why would there be a limit on it? I have never had any sort of issue like that with my bank
Capital one, they have a daily deposit limit as does all banks. I’ve exceeded that.

I can deposit as much as I want but large amounts over their limit means they have to hold it. They hold it for fraud purposes but they also have to notify the feds or maybe it’s the irs? Of the amount
My bank does not limit it.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

All banks "hold funds" for various reasons.
How much was the check for?
What sort of check was it?
And was it drawn on an out-of-state bank?

This article does a great job of explaining why and for how long funds are held. https://www.thebalance.com/avoid-a-h ... nt-2386127
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 pm I got a check over the weekend and deposited it into the bank, because it exceeded their daily limit they are holding some of it until tomorrow and the rest until Friday.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:30 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:18 pm What kind of shitty bank do you have that limits the amount of money you can deposit?
I think it’s limiting the amount that is available to her.
But why? Why would there be a limit on it? I have never had any sort of issue like that with my bank
Almost certainly your bank has a limit, especially for mobile deposit. You just probably haven’t had big enough deposits or tried to spend it the same day. Who do you bank with that has no limit? That would be a better question.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm sorry. We are still waiting on DHS work to get us his paycheck. He finally threatened to report them to the union if they didn't straighten it out and figure out how to get it to us on time. Now they'll be overnighting his check on Tuesdays. I mean its almost a week late at this point and it throws my budget all off when they do this!
They used to have direct deposit but were told they had to stop by the union because some banks wouldn't clear it until Thursday instead of Wednesday and everyone needs to be paid at the same time.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just had to get my caliper and shock replaced on my van today and we are already tight on money.. Ugh. We aren't going to have to go without anything, but it's inconvenient for sure.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I think I remember you posting about this in the past. Did you? I'm sorry that this still hasn't been fixed for your DH (and you!) I'd be pretty annoyed if I were you.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:22 pm I'm sorry. We are still waiting on DHS work to get us his paycheck. He finally threatened to report them to the union if they didn't straighten it out and figure out how to get it to us on time. Now they'll be overnighting his check on Tuesdays. I mean its almost a week late at this point and it throws my budget all off when they do this!
They used to have direct deposit but were told they had to stop by the union because some banks wouldn't clear it until Thursday instead of Wednesday and everyone needs to be paid at the same time.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

That must have been one hell of a check because my bank doesn't have a limit and I deposit large checks
Locked Previous topicNext topic