I did NOT get the promotion

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm a huge proponent of equal rights in the workplace. In this case it sounds like your male counterpart is more qualified for the promotion than you were. What's in your pants shouldn't determine whether you get a promotion or a wage increase.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:39 pm
MeAF wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:11 pm Sounds like he's more qualified than you. You sound entitled.
But they just did this whole program about promoting women. The 1st promotion after the announcement they choose a man.....something is wrong.
He was the better qualified candidate for the job. Point blank! Get over yourself. You shouldn't be handed a promotion just because you're female.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:11 pm Sounds like he's more qualified than you. You sound entitled.
But they just did this whole program about promoting women. The 1st promotion after the announcement they choose a man.....something is wrong.
And? I'm sure they will promote more women. More QUALIFIED women. You're not qualified for this position. Simple as that.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

He was more qualified and you are mad because you rightfully didn't get the promotion because you have a vagina?
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

He's more qualified than you. Simple as that.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The qualified candidate got the job and it wasn't YOU
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. I know you are disappointed. But at least now you know what you need to do to increase the likelihood that YOU get the job the next time it becomes available. Hang in there! Your time will come!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 pm he had:
  • 3 more years at the company then I do
  • a degree
  • fills in when the person who had the job is out.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Ya just are not qualified babe. Go back to school and get that degree and step the f**k up like the other dude has and show initiative. If they have a mentoring program, get in on it. If they have a tuition paid program, then go to school and get a degree in business. Your golden vagina ain't going to make you more qualified than someone who actually is qualified for the job.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wanting to promote more women in the company doesn't mean they're going to ignore a man if he's the better qualified candidate. A program like that is to help ensure women who ARE qualified aren't passed up. You weren't. He was.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 7

Unread post

You weren't qualified like he was they aren't going to give you a job if you don't have the qualifications because you are a woman. I will tell you what's frustrating having the qualifications and filling in but not getting the job because you are a substitute and they didn't want to lose you since substitutes in our school are in high demand. It's frustrating I've been told the same thing by 2 different principals for 2 different jobs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic