Baby blues or leading to ppd

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I just had my second baby 5 days ago. Things are harder then I thought with my 3 yo. I knew she wouldn't like the baby but I didnt imagine she would not like me so much. She doesnt want to kiss me cuddle with me anything to do with her dad and I . I try to not take it personally shes just a kid and shes frustrated and upset over the new baby. I'm home with her mostly all day. She was glued to me before baby came 2 we did everything together and its heartbreaking. I miss my husband now that hes on the couch (we split the night shift with baby) and I'm worried when he goes back to work tomorrow that it's going to be just me and it's going to be rough for the next couple weeks until the new normal sets in....I just get these waves of incredible sadness that make me not see the reality of things ....like I wont have those moments with my first child now that baby is here ...if I'm doing this right ...I mean for example she just dumped a whole cake on the floor and started smashing the dog with the box she doesnt even care in any scenario I would have laughed internally and then punished her and said wtf to myself but instead I almost cried and said I'm failing as a parent and my hus and is going to be gone every night and it's going to be just me here trying to figure this out.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Give yourself a freaking break, its only been 5 days. She will adapt and adjust, just like you will. Take it one day at a time, make that 1 hour at a time and you guys will get through this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:23 pm Give yourself a freaking break, its only been 5 days. She will adapt and adjust like you will, take it one day at a time. Make that 1 hour at a time and you guys will get through this.
I'm trying to when these hormones hit it's like a wave crashing over me and I feel trapped , then I feel okay and I see things differently but it's just hitting so hard....
Anonymous 3

Unread post

PPD typically isnt until later.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:25 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:23 pm Give yourself a freaking break, its only been 5 days. She will adapt and adjust like you will, take it one day at a time. Make that 1 hour at a time and you guys will get through this.
I'm trying to when these hormones hit it's like a wave crashing over me and I feel trapped , then I feel okay and I see things differently but it's just hitting so hard....
When that happens, just take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Keep doing that until you feel better.
Everything is so new right now and you don't know what to expect because it's different. You need to find a routine and establish it as soon as possible, I know that hard with a newborn but once you have it in place you won't feel so overwhelmed
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:29 pm
When that happens, just take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Keep doing that until you feel better.
Everything is so new right now and you don't know what to expect because it's different. You need to find a routine and establish it as soon as possible, I know that hard with a newborn but once you have it in place you won't feel so overwhelmed
I know I need to figure that out thank you for replying it's just pretty overwhelming o dont think I ever anticipated her not wanting to even see me.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:40 pm

I know I need to figure that out thank you for replying it's just pretty overwhelming o dont think I ever anticipated her not wanting to even see me.
She loves you and its not you. The baby is new and has disrupted her schedule and her time with you. Involve her with caring for the baby, let her bring you diapers and wipes when you change the baby. Since she is hitting the dog...don't leave her with the baby right now.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

She's a toddler. She's feeling replaced. She'll get over it. See if you cannot get her involved with taking care of the baby by picking a story out for story time while you feed the baby.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She will come around. This is a huge change in her world. Try to get her involved, keep loving her and keep trying to do things with her when you can. It's difficult going from one child to two.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:40 pm

She loves you and its not you. The baby is new and has disrupted her schedule and her time with you. Involve her with caring for the baby, let her bring you diapers and wipes when you change the baby. Since she is hitting the dog...don't leave her with the baby right now.
Very good point she started throwing everything around the house today. Just because
Locked Previous topicNext topic