Shared birthdays

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My youngest daughter and a nephew share a birthday. They are a year apart. I like doing simple family parties on the birthday. We do cake and singing at the big family dinners.
My sil does huge birthday parties for her kids. She wants to do a big joint party. She said this way family doesn't feel like they have to pick kids. I told her to have her party and it's no big deal. We do simple with just us party.

She won't drop it. She keeps bringing it up. I told that the kids can't be expected to share parties forever. None of my other kids had big parties at that age. I am not going to start on my last kid.

My brother shares his birthday with 4 others in my family. He hated that he wasn't allowed to have it be his birthday and not a group one. I don't want that for my daughter. I wish the doctor had induced me the day before like I asked. Then none of the would be a problem. But no, my blood pressure stopped by 2 points and they refused.

Am I being unreasonable here?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You’re right. You do you. Let her do her.

But, FYI, the reason she won’t drop it because money is tight this year and she can’t pull off what she wants to do without your help.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Put your foot down and tell the idiot NO and if she brings it up again, put her in Time Out.
Block her completely....telephone, texting and social media. Refuse to attend any functions or gatherings that she's going to be at.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Firmly say "no and our minds will not change". I agree with anon1, she probably wants you to split costs so she can go big. Without you paying half, she can't get the huge big deal she wants.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 am Put your foot down and tell the idiot NO and if she brings it up again, put her in Time Out.
Block her completely....telephone, texting and social media. Refuse to attend any functions or gatherings that she's going to be at.
That's a bit much
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just keep saying no. My oldest ds and my nephew were born one day apart and my family started off joining their bday's but I put a stop to it after the second year.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 am Put your foot down and tell the idiot NO and if she brings it up again, put her in Time Out.
That's a bit much
Not really, some people dont understand what the word NO means. They keep harping on and on, hoping you will give in and just do whatever they want.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You're back! Good to see you!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:17 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 am
That's a bit much
Not really, some people dont understand what the word NO means. They keep harping on and on, hoping you will give in and just do whatever they want.
that's still an overreaction
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My nephew and my daughter have shared a big family party every year since turning 2 and 5. They have loved it. We invite the same relatives, so having separate parties a week apart seemed silly to us. The family has one big gathering for both. This year they will be 13 and 16. We will end summer with the traditional birthday family BBQ.
Locked Previous topicNext topic