Was I rude?!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have a puppy. 10 months old. Cutest little pug/chihuahua cross you’ve ever seen! LOVE my puppy to death. He’s my baby.

So, on Monday we planned to take our kids to a fair. When we go, we go all out. 3 pm when the gates open until midnight when it closes. No pets allowed though. So obviously we had to get a puppy sitter.

I asked my sister about a month ago if she’d do it. Thing is my puppy gets a bit anxious away from people he doesn’t know. He knows my sister well. She agreed to do it. The plan was that I’d pack a puppy bag for him, put him in his large kennel, and she’d come get him after work around 5 pm then drive him to her house in his smaller kennel and keep him there. At midnight or so, we would go pick him up from her veranda where he’d be sleeping in the travel kennel. Easy enough, right?

Two days before, we went over the plan and she was cool. Then, the next day she calls me and says it’s going to take her too much time to drive to my house after work. She asked if I could just bring him to her place and leave him in her veranda for a couple hours until she gets home from work. I said no, that’s not going to work out well because he’s never been to your house before and he will trip out. I’d rather not leave him alone in your veranda for 2+ hrs and that’s not what we had planned here. She told me I was being crazy and that he’d be fine, etc etc. I told her that I wasn’t leaving him and not to worry about it. I will make other arrangements.

We ended up putting him in a puppy daycare (he absolutely LOVED it!) Surely will never ask anyone to babysit him again because he did so well with the daycare! But now my sister keeps texting me, demanding an apology because I was rude to her for not bringing him over. She claims I was being crazy. Was it rude to not bring him there? I personally feel like she was the rude one but maybe I’m mistaken.
E4097AEB-3A9F-44C9-BFFD-7BDDD48C86DC.jpeg
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No. She was rude to change the plan last minute. She owes YOU an apology..not the other way around.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, she was for changing the plans
Jacked
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 am No. She was rude to change the plan last minute. She owes YOU an apology..not the other way around.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. On a Sunday evening the night before, too. I was so annoyed but didn’t raise my voice or speak unkindly. I just said not to worry about it and that I would find other arrangements. I won’t demand an apology from her lol but I won’t apologize to her either. I wasn’t rude and hate that she insists I was!
Deleted User 638

Unread post

The only rude person was your sister. Your dog is adorable.
Jacked
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:27 am No, she was for changing the plans
Apparently I was rude for expecting her to spend an extra hour driving when there was (her) perfect solution. Lmao. Anyways, I just wanted to poll the masses to see if there was something I’d missed because I just can’t see how I was rude here. Thanks
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He is cute.. My poodle hated doggie daycare.
You were not rude.
Jacked
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:30 am The only rude person was your sister. Your dog is adorable.
Thanks! He’s such a cute puppy! I’ve become a crazy do lady. I just love him so much! Check out this pic from the other day! He LOVES car rides!
9BB5008E-46D8-4DD0-B5A3-5A85F2C78C2C.jpeg
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What a cute puppy!

No, you weren't rude.
Jacked
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:32 am He is cute.. My poodle hated doggie daycare.
You were not rude.
I was SO nervous that he’d hate it too. He has so much chihuahua in him... he can come off as a little jerk the second he gets anxious! But he made little puppy friends and they sent me so many pics throughout the day of him playing! So glad he enjoyed it because our fair trip would have ended abruptly if he didn’t!
Locked Previous topicNext topic