I married my brother

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. She did grow up with him. Just because they didn’t like each other until they were teens that doesn’t mean they weren’t raised as siblings.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:42 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:38 pm Blood isn’t what makes siblings. I’m adopted, I didn’t share my brother’s blood, the idea it’s still disgusting. If she doesn’t consider him a brother, why isn’t her title “I married my mom’s DHs son” or “I married my step brother” then if that’s all he is? She called him her “brother”.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am You’re not siblings. You don’t share blood. Both of my parents’ spouses have kids. They aren’t my siblings. They are practically strangers.

My cousin (May she Rest In Peace) and I married to 2 men who happen to be brothers. Due to that, we shared in laws. Our children are technically 1st and 3rd cousins. 😋 It’s funny to explain to people, just looking at their confusion, then pointing out how it’s really nothing. There are no bloodlines being shared. Lol
Yeah i agree with you. If i was raised with that kid he's my brother. Gross.
But if he was my hot step brother that i just met 4 months ago and we just click, different story.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am You’re not siblings. You don’t share blood. Both of my parents’ spouses have kids. They aren’t my siblings. They are practically strangers.

My cousin (May she Rest In Peace) and I married to 2 men who happen to be brothers. Due to that, we shared in laws. Our children are technically 1st and 3rd cousins. 😋 It’s funny to explain to people, just looking at their confusion, then pointing out how it’s really nothing. There are no bloodlines being shared. Lol
That's kind of funny. I bet their looks are the same as when I tell people my sister and I are only children. She's my half sister. I was raised by my dad and she was raised by our mother.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No we really didnt grow up together. Neither of us were at the house half the time. Most years we werent together more than a few weeks over the summer. My parents wanting us to siblings didnt make that the case.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:43 pm Exactly. She did grow up with him. Just because they didn’t like each other until they were teens that doesn’t mean they weren’t raised as siblings.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:42 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:38 pm Blood isn’t what makes siblings. I’m adopted, I didn’t share my brother’s blood, the idea it’s still disgusting. If she doesn’t consider him a brother, why isn’t her title “I married my mom’s DHs son” or “I married my step brother” then if that’s all he is? She called him her “brother”.

Yeah i agree with you. If i was raised with that kid he's my brother. Gross.
But if he was my hot step brother that i just met 4 months ago and we just click, different story.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Her title is an attention grabber. From what the OP shared she barely saw the guy growing up. She clearly NEVER saw him as a brother, since she fell in love with him. You don’t fall in love with people you actually view as siblings.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Did this really happen?

Or is this just your way of telling us that you refuse to accept that your step brother is your sibling?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In their minds, you are siblings, so it is hard for them to accept. If they are coming around to it, I would at least give them a chance.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm In their minds, you are siblings, so it is hard for them to accept. If they are coming around to it, I would at least give them a chance.
I think it is only because they want grandkids.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 pm Did this really happen?

Or is this just your way of telling us that you refuse to accept that your step brother is your sibling?
It 100% happened
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Okay... why would they even care? You're not blood related, and you hated each other growing up. Maybe they were upset because they missed all of the signs.

Either way, this is nothing anyone needs to know about, so why do you tell people?

Anonymous 9

Unread post

Meh. My ex husband’s cousin did the same thing. Except they had a baby in high school and their parents were cool with it. So much weirdness in that family. Glad I didn’t have a kid with him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic