My neighbor doesn't like that we don't mow the lawn

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's actually dangerous for your kids not to have it mowed at least in the areas they play.

Ticks, rats, snakes, chiggers...
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:15 pm Did she post a pic yet?
No and I am not going to. People will say it is awful no matter what it looks like. I dont really care what others think about it and I am not going to waste my time taking pictures of everything
Anonymous 1

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 pm It's actually dangerous for your kids not to have it mowed at least in the areas they play.

My kids are fine dont worry. They arent really playing much outside these days.

I do think it would be funny to tell them they need to go outside and play. I can only imagine the eye rolls
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 pm Only lazy jerks would use the excuse you are using to not mow the grass like normal decent people.
Im glad I live in a upper class area and we are fined if our grass is overgrown.
I hope your neighbor mows that unsightly ugly overgrown marsh grass. You will have to prove he did it before any legal action can be taken.
Yes, that's the ONLY possible reason.... because people don't get sick, or choose to landscape in a different way, or choose to care more about the environment than what their self-absorbed, controlling neighbors think of them. Only uppity arrogant self-righteous small-minded people choose to live in areas where they pay for the privilege making sure that other people get fined if their grass gets "too tall" or they plant the wrong trees or paint their house the wrong shade of baby poop brown. Your little bubble is not the way the real world works.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 am
MeAF wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 am I love how the laws are always different in Trollville!
I’m guessing she’s a troll, but I live in an unincorporated area, and there really aren’t any laws or rules about things like that. When we rehabbed our house, including building the shop, we only had to get one $50 permit, and that was to have the culverts put in by the county for the driveway for the shop. The only reason there is a permit for that is because they are in the county easement and set them in line with the others.
We live in unincorporated area as well. I’m glad we don’t have any laws about mowing our yard, because DH just mowed it for the second time this year just a few days ago. We need a bush hog instead of a riding lawn mower. This is some of our yard before DH mowed it.
41424C69-3E38-4473-8AD0-7808C74846E2.jpeg
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 pm It's actually dangerous for your kids not to have it mowed at least in the areas they play.

I do think it would be funny to tell them they need to go outside and play. I can only imagine the eye rolls
Why would that be funny? Why would they roll their eyes?
I’ve never heard of a kid reacting that way!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:15 pm Did she post a pic yet?
No and I am not going to. People will say it is awful no matter what it looks like. I dont really care what others think about it and I am not going to waste my time taking pictures of everything
C’mon. Don’t worry about them. Does it look like the sexy lawn or the last pic?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mommy_jules wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 am
MeAF wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 am I love how the laws are always different in Trollville!
I’m guessing she’s a troll, but I live in an unincorporated area, and there really aren’t any laws or rules about things like that. When we rehabbed our house, including building the shop, we only had to get one $50 permit, and that was to have the culverts put in by the county for the driveway for the shop. The only reason there is a permit for that is because they are in the county easement and set them in line with the others.
We live in unincorporated area as well. I’m glad we don’t have any laws about mowing our yard, because DH just mowed it for the second time this year just a few days ago. We need a bush hog instead of a riding lawn mower. This is some of our yard before DH mowed it.41424C69-3E38-4473-8AD0-7808C74846E2.jpeg
The yard looks pretty similar to that. We do have some areas of really high grasses though. I think that looks beautiful. I know different people have different preferences though
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Why would that be funny? Why would they roll their eyes?
I’ve never heard of a kid reacting that way!
My kids are 17, 18, and 19. The days have long past where they just go outside to play
Anonymous 15

Unread post

Rather than this pretty collage of pics, could you post just one pic that shows the houses side by side in one picture?
Locked Previous topicNext topic