Being a single mom is nothing to brag about

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Taking care of your kids is what you are supposed to do even if the other parent isn't involved.

I see so many women who think they need an award for doing what they should be doing and raising their kids. Doing what you should already be doing is not brag worthy.

It's one of my pet peeves
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have a very involved husband. I have a much easier time caring for my kids than one without that other parent’s support. I can only imagine how hard raising kids single, on a single income, can be. Parents who are overcoming that challenge can brag. Parents who are overcoming the challenge of raising a special needs child can brag too, as that can’t be an easy feat. I’m spoiled with the support I have. Not everyone gets to say that.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

single parenthood is hard.

Intact family parenthood is hard.

Parents should al be rewarded for not eating their children.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:17 am I have a very involved husband. I have a much easier time caring for my kids than one without that other parent’s support. I can only imagine how hard raising kids single, on a single income, can be. Parents who are overcoming that challenge can brag. Parents who are overcoming the challenge of raising a special needs child can brag too, as that can’t be an easy feat. I’m spoiled with the support I have. Not everyone gets to say that.
I just don't think doing what you are supposed to be doing is brag worthy.
Do you brag about normal adult tasks? It's like bragging about making a doctors appointment or bragging about paying the bills imo

I do have a special needs child and I would never brag about raising him either
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Being a single mom is a alot harder than going qt it with a partner.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As with everything, there are pros and cons to single parenthood. Some things are harder, some things are simpler. Coparenting also comes with challenges and difficulties that single, Aiken parents don’t have. No one really deserves more praise for doing it their way.

All of us should be proud of overcoming the difficulties. But what we shouldn’t do is turn parenting into a pissing contest to see who has it more difficult and so is miren praiseworthy.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The single mother I knew that bragged about it actively pushed the father out, and I think that was part of it. He wasn't a bad guy, but she wanted the overcoming single mom status and to parade that. It was bizarre.

Parenting is challenging, period. But I don't personally think attention seeking is respectable.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You certainly are blessed Anon 1. I'm sure you are grateful for the life you lead and have. I hope your week makes you feel like spreading your good feelings to all.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not in every way. Coparenting includes having to balance 2 relationships that sometimes may clash. You can’t just focus on your children, you need to work on your relationship with your spouse or SO. It also means having to make decisions together that can sometimes include conflict and disagreement, and yet you still have to reach an agreement.
Those are challenges single women, especially those without the father in the picture, don’t have to deal with
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:34 am Being a single mom is a alot harder than going qt it with a partner.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:34 am Being a single mom is a alot harder than going qt it with a partner.
Okay and? I'm not saying it isn't hard, it is. But I don't think it's something to brag about
Locked Previous topicNext topic