I feel like such a F***ing failure

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'd open a safe deposit box at a bank and start stashing money there.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 am Again? I’ve never spoken to you about this.

Also, I don’t especially care what an abused woman goes through. People are treated how they allow themselves to be treated.

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:25 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:13 am A yacht would make me happy long term. Should I go buy one and then just not pay for it because my happiness is paramount to my responsibility? Because that’s exactly what you’re saying.

Apples to cheeseburgers again.
Not at all the same situation.
Come back when you have an inkling of what an abused woman goes through, then we'll talk.
Wow... Ever heard of compassion? You have no idea what abused women go through. It's easy to sit there on your high horse with your nose in the air spouting bullshit when you aren't the one fearing for the life of your children or yourself. You should just shut up now because the more you talk the more you sound like a heartless bitch. No one asked you to care what abused women go through. Clearly you aren't capable of caring about anything except the stuff that's none of your business like her debt and how she deals with it. You are something else.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

While I agree with you that anon 8 appears to lack compassion, expecting people to be held accountable for their choices and compassion aren’t mutually exclusive things. OP has clearly made a number of bad choices, and everyone suffers consequences from their own stupidity. Yes, she needs to move forward from this but it will be incredibly difficult. I have some sympathy for her and wish her the best of luck, but I also recognize how others might get annoyed at the idea of her attempting to walk away from her financial responsibilities.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 am Again? I’ve never spoken to you about this.

Also, I don’t especially care what an abused woman goes through. People are treated how they allow themselves to be treated.

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:25 am

Apples to cheeseburgers again.
Not at all the same situation.
Come back when you have an inkling of what an abused woman goes through, then we'll talk.
Wow... Ever heard of compassion? You have no idea what abused women go through. It's easy to sit there on your high horse with your nose in the air spouting bullshit when you aren't the one fearing for the life of your children or yourself. You should just shut up now because the more you talk the more you sound like a heartless bitch. No one asked you to care what abused women go through. Clearly you aren't capable of caring about anything except the stuff that's none of your business like her debt and how she deals with it. You are something else.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm It doesn’t happen to strong women. Abusers choose their victims thusly.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 am The first time someone abuses you, be it physical, mental, etc. and you stay, you’re giving them permission to do it again. You’re saying it’s okay.

Abuse is so subtle at first, especially mental and emotional abuse. It isn’t like they come out of the gate abusing you.
But there’s no sense in explaining to someone who already has their mind made up on how it happens and what it means.
Ffs.. You are really ignorant.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm While I agree with you that anon 8 appears to lack compassion, expecting people to be held accountable for their choices and compassion aren’t mutually exclusive things. OP has clearly made a number of bad choices, and everyone suffers consequences from their own stupidity. Yes, she needs to move forward from this but it will be incredibly difficult. I have some sympathy for her and wish her the best of luck, but I also recognize how others might get annoyed at the idea of her attempting to walk away from her financial responsibilities.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm

She never said she was attempting to walk away from it. Someone else advised her to file bankruptcy. I disagree though bankruptcy is there for a reason and there are consequences for making that decision. I'm not saying I think that's a good idea but the OP never suggested that.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Abusers choose women they can groom and control. That is FAR less likely to happen to strong women. Also, strong women leave after the first signs of abuse; weak women don’t.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm It doesn’t happen to strong women. Abusers choose their victims thusly.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 am

Abuse is so subtle at first, especially mental and emotional abuse. It isn’t like they come out of the gate abusing you.
But there’s no sense in explaining to someone who already has their mind made up on how it happens and what it means.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 pm Abusers choose women they can groom and control. That is FAR less likely to happen to strong women. Also, strong women leave after the first signs of abuse; weak women don’t.

I stand by my original assement. You are truly ignorant.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 pm Abusers choose women they can groom and control. That is FAR less likely to happen to strong women. Also, strong women leave after the first signs of abuse; weak women don’t.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busine ... ips-2017-8
Locked Previous topicNext topic