I think if you fly a confederate flag all year, you shouldn’t try to celebrate the 4th of July

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 pm I miss the days when everything everyone did wasn't fodder for outrage.
OP doesn't sound outraged. She sounds judgy. And judgy has ALWAYS been in vogue.
It's not a judgement, it's an acknowledgement of two opposite ideologies.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:19 am
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:14 am

Why though? No one is outraged here, but I think it's a little bit of bullshit if you're going to fly a confederate flag all year which stands for the breaking up of the United States, but then be all proud of when the United States became a nation.
It makes no sense.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to you.
Why do you constantly try to shut down conversation? If you don't care to engage, don't engage. Let someone else talk that this does make sense to so I can see what their point of view on it is.

Enlighten me on which conversations I've tried to shut down. Others have disagreed with you in this topic. That's how it works.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:44 pm Yawn.
It's a piece of cloth.
Next...
It is a piece of cloth that displays a message. It’s a symbol, ( a symbol that expresses approval of bigotry, and racism) and I would hope anyone who wants to fly it for those reasons will stay away from our neighborhood.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

My son has a confederate flag on his truck year round and here is a kick in the pants for you he also serves in the US Military and is one of the most proud Americans you will ever meet. I see nothing wrong with it and his mama is a proud American as well.

4th of July is one of our very favorite holidays and one we celebrate to the fullest.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:54 pm My son has a confederate flag on his truck year round and here is a kick in the pants for you he also serves in the US Military and is one of the most proud Americans you will ever meet. I see nothing wrong with it and his mama is a proud American as well.

4th of July is one of our very favorite holidays and one we celebrate to the fullest.
So then I guess your son supports the beliefs and motivations of the South when they fought to maintain Slavery?
The flag is a symbol of it.
We were a military family for 21years. We just never supported the south and the rebel flag because we’re against slavery and racism.
How cute that you sent me “ a kick in the pants”.🙄
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:28 am
It's a piece of cloth.
Next...
It is a piece of cloth that displays a message. It’s a symbol, ( a symbol that expresses approval of bigotry, and racism) and I would hope anyone who wants to fly it for those reasons will stay away from our neighborhood.
It is now considered a sign of Southern Pride and not about Hate. It now considered the new Modern display and meaning. You can be stuck in your ways, and refuse to have an open mind about many things I find that you post about. Attitudes like yours perpetuate the bigotry and racism in our country.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:22 am
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 pm I miss the days when everything everyone did wasn't fodder for outrage.
OP doesn't sound outraged. She sounds judgy. And judgy has ALWAYS been in vogue.
It's not a judgement, it's an acknowledgement of two opposite ideologies.
Of course it's a judgement. You've formed an opinion about the behavior of others. It's fine...carry on.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:28 am
It's a piece of cloth.
Next...
It is now considered a sign of Southern Pride and not about Hate. It now considered the new Modern display and meaning. You can be stuck in your ways, and refuse to have an open mind about many things I find that you post about. Attitudes like yours perpetuate the bigotry and racism in our country.
No it’s not.
You’re wrong. Clearly you’re defending the south from the past, the civil war. There is no “new meaning”.
I refuse to accept a flag that represents the racism in the south.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I could see maybe if you flew a Union Flag...
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:42 pm Obviously I’m not saying you shouldn’t be ABLE to, just that it’s bullshit if you do.
Ummm, this entire country gained its independence well before the civil war was ever even a remote possibility. And the flag you refer to is NOT the "confederate flag" - look it up. That said, choosing to display one has nothing to do with the independence of this country from Britain.
Locked Previous topicNext topic