This question was posted in another group

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 pm Your child gets sick and needs and organ transplant to live. Your other, perfectly healthy, no medical issues whatsoever, child can donate an organ to them to make them live. Both kids are under 18.

Do you force the other, healthy child to donate their organ or do you let your sick child die?

For the sake of argument, let's say your healthy child donating their organ is the only way the sick child will live, and it's not an organ they *need* to survive, like a kidney, etc.

So many people are giving the "PC" answer of my child's body my child's choice.

f**k.THAT.

I am not letting one of my kids die just so that they can have their *my body my choice* moment. If they are able to save their sibling, they will, period. No highway option.

Thankfully, I am 100% sure I am raising kids who wouldn't even think twice about that and would willingly donate to their sibling.

Thoughts?

Why would there be an organ transplant if the organ wasn't necessary to survive?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I am not risking both of my children. Transplant surgery is dangerous even for the donor. I would have to take the chance of getting my sick child on a list.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:15 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 pm Your child gets sick and needs and organ transplant to live. Your other, perfectly healthy, no medical issues whatsoever, child can donate an organ to them to make them live. Both kids are under 18.

Do you force the other, healthy child to donate their organ or do you let your sick child die?

For the sake of argument, let's say your healthy child donating their organ is the only way the sick child will live, and it's not an organ they *need* to survive, like a kidney, etc.

So many people are giving the "PC" answer of my child's body my child's choice.

f**k.THAT.

I am not letting one of my kids die just so that they can have their *my body my choice* moment. If they are able to save their sibling, they will, period. No highway option.

Thankfully, I am 100% sure I am raising kids who wouldn't even think twice about that and would willingly donate to their sibling.

Thoughts?

Why would there be an organ transplant if the organ wasn't necessary to survive?

Maybe they already lost a kidney (or the like) and they need one or they will die. I know you can live with no kidneys, but for arguments sake we will just say this person would not.

You would be leaving the child who was forced to donate the kidney in a vulnerable position if he or she had kidney problems later in life.

To answer your question, no, I would not force a transplant. I won't allow a minor to do it voluntarily. I won't risk the health of one child for the other. Children do not exist to be spare parts for siblings. You want to give your body parts to someone else okay. No one has the moral right to force others to do that. To say no to that is not being PC.

It's a moot point anyway. Transplant donors are carefully screened. There are private conversations with the potential donor. No way are they going to do a transplant if they think the donor is being coerced in any way. I don't think minors can donate anyway.

Your view of ownership of your children's bodies is disturbing.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is My sister's keeper. Except the ages are reversed. I would never force someone, minor or not, to donate their *insert organ here*. That sets things up for major Maury drama for life.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No doctor would allow you to force your child into donating an organ.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My children are not spare parts. You cant force organ donation
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Force? No I would never do such a thing.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, I would not force my child to give an organ. I would talk to her, try to easy her fears, tell her how important her donation is, but in the end she would decide.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

What's a "highway option"???
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 pm

Thoughts?
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I won't lie the minor child would not have an option they're damn well donating that organ to save their sibling.
Locked Previous topicNext topic