I feel bad but I had to do what was better for my daughter

anon

Unread post

The principal called and said that because of the size of my daughters class they are moving 2 teachers up to the next grade. One of them happens to be my daughters teacher and he said that she was fine with keeping the class together if all the parents agreed or she could be placed in one of the 5 other teachers classes. We had multiple problems from a few of the kids in the class, to her assigning projects that were important to not grading them, to not grading homework or spelling tests, to watching movies all day on Fridays, and more. So I decided to put her in a different class but now I feel bad. I did not mention these issues just that we want a different experience since we have done the same teacher 2 years in the past. I know I'm doing whats best for my daughter but I still feel bad.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Don't feel bad, if you have had multiple problems, it's in your child's best interest to move her.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why feel bad? I wouldn't.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In our school district, teachers get moved all the time and parents have no input as to where their children are placed.
anon

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:33 am In our school district, teachers get moved all the time and parents have no input as to where their children are placed.
That stinks. We have teachers who move up all the time as well mainly because my daughters class size is bigger then the other classes and they have always asked if we wanted the same teacher.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I never minded that they had the rule that "parents can't request specific teachers." I only minded that the rule didn't apply to all.

In your case, where they allowed parents to choose, I wonder what they would do if all parents wanted the same teacher????
anon wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:33 am In our school district, teachers get moved all the time and parents have no input as to where their children are placed.
That stinks. We have teachers who move up all the time as well mainly because my daughters class size is bigger then the other classes and they have always asked if we wanted the same teacher.
...MyLove...

Unread post

I wouldn't feel bad about it. I want the best for my children and I don't make any apologies for it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not understanding why you feel bad...
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't get why you would feel bad. Sorry though. I hope the new class is better.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You stood up for what was in the best interest of your daughter. I fail to see how that was bad.
Locked Previous topicNext topic