Grad Card

Anonymous 1

Unread post

How much money would you put in? I'm thinking $20, but am I being too cheap? It's for my boss's son, who I've never actually met, but was invited to his party.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Twenty is fine.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I wouldn't go or send a card.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would give $25. Maybe $50 if I was feeling like it.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Son of the boss, I think I would forgo cash in favor of actual gift...clever graduation themed book, or picture frame engraved with Class of 2019, or a Cross pen. All of those are available in the ballpark of $20. Because you should not be spending a lot on a an upward gift, but a $20 bill or giftcard does look cheap.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:08 am Son of the boss, I think I would forgo cash in favor of actual gift...clever graduation themed book, or picture frame engraved with Class of 2019, or a Cross pen. All of those are available in the ballpark of $20. Because you should not be spending a lot on a an upward gift, but a $20 bill or giftcard does look cheap.
This. If you want to give money - it should be $50. Otherwise, get an actual gift.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:12 am
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:08 am Son of the boss, I think I would forgo cash in favor of actual gift...clever graduation themed book, or picture frame engraved with Class of 2019, or a Cross pen. All of those are available in the ballpark of $20. Because you should not be spending a lot on a an upward gift, but a $20 bill or giftcard does look cheap.
This. If you want to give money - it should be $50. Otherwise, get an actual gift.
Says who??? $20 is fine for your bosses child whom you have never met. Do not listen to this utter nonsense OP.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

I give $100, but that’s the norm in my circle.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

My stepson got so many gifts like you suggested when he graduated from high school. I think he used one of the pens. The rest of the gifts are still in boxes in my house.

Cash gifts can be combined with other cash gifts so the graduate can get something he really wants or needs. $20 is fine for an employer's son she's never met.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:26 am
jas wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:12 am
Says who??? $20 is fine for your bosses child whom you have never met. Do not listen to this utter nonsense OP.
Glad you said this- when people started saying $50-$100 I thought I'm better off skipping it entirely😂 I do like the idea of a gift instead, but feel like that's too personal for a kid I've never met
Locked Previous topicNext topic